image for poster

ritual om

i had downloaded an awesome picture many years ago and i want to use as a background for a poster for the goa party i am organising.i have made no alteration in the picture.should i use it?are there any law penalties that i could face?i tried to reach the address of the creator but it is invalid.

what do u think?

It's really down to your conscience.

I would not worry about getting sued, that is extremly unlikely and I doubt there is money to get for the artist to sue you.

For me personally it would depend a lot on how prominent the picture would be and how much the end result would depend on that picture.

If it's just the unaltered picture with some text over and it would be an amazing poster due to the picture I would feel uneasy about it on moral grounds.

But I gladly steal sounds or pictures if they are just becoming a small part of a track or collage and is not too prominent.

It's really down to your conscience.

I would not worry about getting sued, that is extremly unlikely and I doubt there is money to get for the artist to sue you.

For me personally it would depend a lot on how prominent the picture would be and how much the end result would depend on that picture.

If it's just the unaltered picture with some text over and it would be an amazing poster due to the picture I would feel uneasy about it on moral grounds.

But I gladly steal sounds or pictures if they are just becoming a small part of a track or collage and is not too prominent.

227450[/snapback]

yeah i agree with spindrift, i think it depends on how prominant the picture will be... and also how much exposure it will receive. do you even know if it was done by an artist in the same country? also, did you change the image file name, because if you didn't you may be able to find it elsewhere on the net.

-ensign

first of all the party will provide me no money benefit.the picture is awesome and i want to use it cause it is my favorite and i always wanted to combine it with something special->the goa event.my purposes are totally innocent.i know that the poster will convince mostly 20 people to come to the party(if you are not a name you are not worth a listen...).the only reason i want to use it,as i told you before is because i like so much,it is really special for me. :rolleyes:

i'll check it out ensign.thanks.

the posters will be mostly 20...i told you->i do it cause it is a very special picture for me!

gnome the party will take place in athens in 20 march.more information available very soon! :)