Style Identification.

Ov3rdos3

im trying to find some tunes of a specific style, but im not sure if its full on (its not typical full on though, do dont have a hissy-fit..) (trying to get some similar styles together for a mix)

anyone know anything similar to these styles of tunes, and what style that is?

Protoculture - Avalon

Tikal - Breath (rmx)

Benfactor - Helium Dreams

these are all of a similar style, energetic, and somewhere in the 140bpm region but i wouldnt exactly call it full-on.

thanks guys ;)

OD

Well those tracks are definitly morning fullon... cant help you out with other tracks... don't know what exactly what you mean... the tracks aren't that slower then other fullon... they are maybe energetic but that's like the main mark of fullon... I would try to help but don't understand the direction your looking for :unsure:

Well those tracks are definitly morning fullon... cant help you out with other tracks... don't know what exactly what you mean... the tracks aren't that slower then other fullon... they are maybe energetic but that's like the main mark of fullon... I would try to help but don't understand the direction your looking for  :unsure:

224477[/snapback]

hmm..ok, i guess i wasnt clear enough. something energetic, but uplifting, a bit of nice vocals here and there wouldnt hurt. progressive even, but it must be subtle. nothing dark or harsh, like psychotic micro or any of that chemical crew shite. more silicon sound-ish. well produced morning, uplifting stuff. not neccessarily full on, as i dont like most full on. only if its really good.

first 2 just full-on

224492[/snapback]

yeah, but that doesnt mean its bad. they are really good tunes. im also not a fan of most full on. but if its well produced and i like it, then i like it. i want start off the set with more progressive stuff and end off with that style.

Some nice tracks on the latest cd from Flow records. Echo's .....

A nice mix of tracks. Some are kinda like a very laid back funky version of full on. Have a listen to some samples. A couple of good proggy tunes on there as well.

Really nice tracks from Man Made Man, Quadra and Hydrphonic. All in a nice 140'ish BPM laid back style.

:)

yeah, but that doesnt mean its bad. they are really good tunes. im also not a fan of most full on. but if its well produced and i like it, then i like it. i want start off the set with more progressive stuff and end off with that style.

224494[/snapback]

I didn't say it's bad and allmost never bash any kind of style. I like every style for different reasons.

Wild guess...

silent sphere release in 2004

polaris release in 2004

As I read your topic those two pop into my mind.. don't shoot me If I'm wrong ;)

I didn't say it's bad and allmost never bash any kind of style. I like every style for different reasons.

224500[/snapback]

no, i know dude, dont worry, im not having a go at you.

its like for me, there are 2 kinds of full on. you get the hardhouse with psy sound, skazi, exaile, crappy, dodgy really harshe sounding full-on which i really dont enjoy, and then you get the more subtle, creative, uplifting full on (morning full on), which to a degree, i really do like, but i am still very pick about it.

jamez-23> i will check that out. i really like laidback funky proggy psy stuff as well. somthing groovy is great to start a set off with, then it can progress into slightly higher bpm , more full-on-ish stuff, but still nothing too in-your-face-grinding-your brain-into-mush stuff (like neuromotor - the brain forest) if its KILLAAAARRRR, i dont want it.

Tikal is representing a genre of their own, intelligent & psychedelic full on  :)

224518[/snapback]

that's a very subjective expression my friend... Off course tikal can be good and won't say it's not intilligent & psychedelic full on but labeling it as a genre of it's own goes a bit too far IHMO... ;)