Dark Soho Interview

yantra

Psylosophy: First things first: who are Dark Soho?

Boxer: Dark Soho is me (Boxer Sagiv) and Rizo (Omer Kadosh). We used to be 3 in the band but Zeev Dukman left around one year ago.

Psylosophy: I noticed your live act has guitar on it, who plays it?

Boxer: Both of us play the guitar. We used to have a rock band together a few years back.

Psylosophy: Really, how was it called?

Boxer: Limphotsitim B. It's Hebrew. I'm not sure if it means the same name in english though... But its part of the vaccine system in the body.

Psylosophy: Nice. That last question also makes me wonder: Why the name Dark Soho?

Boxer: Well the name in the beginning was Soho... It started with me and Rizo. Then after a year of fuckin around and learning how to make electronic music, we met zeev. He was Dark Entity and so together we decided to be dark soho. Now after Zeev is gone we thought about changing the name back to Soho... But I'm afraid it's impossible now (laughs). So Dark Soho it is!

Psylosophy: When did you start producing music and what caught your attention in the trance movement?

Boxer: Well in general I play guitar since I was like 12-13. Same with Rizo. We started our band around the age of 15... After a few years we broke up... I had several other bands but nothing got to where I wanted it to get. At the age of like 18 or so I got into trance. How? Mmm, well... I wasn't supposed to say that but smoking, basicly... Although today we do not take any drugs at all. After a year or so of listening to it we decided to start making it and here we are. Oh yeah... You know, in the begining I was like into Shiva York & stuff, but it got boring. Then I got my hands, by mistake, on an album called "Silicon Trip " by Shakta. That was the shit!! It was so interesting! So basicly that got me into trance...

Check out the complete interview in http://www.psylosophy.com

I'm not into dark soho too but remember they used once a 'cradle of filth' sample what sounded pretty cool cause I used to listen to 'cradle of filth' a long long time ago...

i think combustion is a great album!

best dark album for sure!

223595[/snapback]

Dark Soho was once great. I liked Combustion more than Sunspot, but they were both great albums for their times and I wouldn't say the second was better than the first, just for me anyways. Their time has come and gone. Their last effort, since someone left the group, is nothing short of disappointing, especially for those who really liked their original, dark-gothic style. I miss those strong, menacing layers of melodies. The only track on their last album that I considered "pretty good" was Long Way Home. Too bad many of the other tracks were so dull, basic, and unimaginative.

As far as I'm concerned, its over... for now at least. ;)

Dark Soho was once great. I liked Combustion more than Sunspot, but they were both great albums for their times and I wouldn't say the second was better than the first, just for me anyways. Their time has come and gone. Their last effort, since someone left the group, is nothing short of disappointing, especially for those who really liked their original, dark-gothic style. I miss those strong, menacing layers of melodies. The only track on their last album that I considered "pretty good" was Long Way Home. Too bad many of the other tracks were so dull, basic, and unimaginative.

As far as I'm concerned, its over... for now at least. ;)

223653[/snapback]

new Dark Sosho is usual israeli full on far away from The Misted Muppet and Lemurians incredible music.

new Dark Sosho is usual israeli full on far away from The Misted Muppet and Lemurians incredible music.

223761[/snapback]

You could have stated that without quoting me. ;)