Goa Trance data base

Goa Travellers

The problem with existing web sites is that it is not possible to listen to the music. What if we put the eDonkey link for music discontinued, and a lo-fi music files for music available to order?  :rolleyes:

221302[/snapback]

you still failed to answer my question.

will you immediately remove any link, file ect. i an artist, label, distributor, copyright organisation ask you to do it?

I was going to post the same as amphiton said

PsyDB

its a psy database... pretty big.. not totally complete, but the biggest I ever saw, and quite constantly updated

Yes, I would definetly. The goal here is not making record companies mad :)

221355[/snapback]

Then I can tell you that you'll indeed be a very busy man deleteing links to downlodable music and p2p networks and to files you yourslef might host.

I too do not really get why you think the scene need this "database" (I choose to call it illegal) when there's more than enough info on the internet already!

It is virtually impossible to get a hold of anything released before '97. I have been trying to find a place to buy the goa-head collections...

221274[/snapback]

Some of the Goa Head Collections can still be found at www.cdon.com

at least they have Goa head 2, 6 ,7, 9, 10 etc and I think Amazon also has some of them?

I have searched on the Internet, and I didn't find it. I'd like to create a huge data base / search engine with the maximum of artists and tunes organized by country, year, style, rank, popularity, etc...

The data base would have as many artists and tunes as possible starting from the 90's to now. There would be also an eDonkey link for each tune to download the mp3, but there would be no mp3 available for tunes less than 1 year old, so that it doesn't prevent people from buying new releases.

That would be great , but be sure to ask permission before posting the mp3 ;)

I think Goa Trance is an underground movement, but it's quite hard for newcomers to find good stuff. This would be excellent for people to discover Goa Trance, because above all it's about music, and it's important to have like an online museum that shows that much work has been done for more than 10 years now.

GREAT IDEA!!!!

I could start the project on my spare time and even host the project, but I'd need help to type the name of the artists along with information, releases, tunes, creating MP3s from original CDs, etc... If we all work together, would can have a pretty neat base of artists, we can also have a list of bedroom goa trance DJs.

Im sure there´s a lot of people here that will help you in this quest that we all call Goa. Count me in too.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon. I hope you like the idea. I don't think this would slower disk sales, on the contrary, it might just create more interest.

Ramesh.

I dont understand why in the hell you guys are beeing so harsh on him , this is a very good idea , will promote goa , and help it come back again. The motive of all this harshness is the small word mp3? whats the matter , mp3 = piracy? NO!! ou contraire , mp3 is legal and it helps to spread a lot , in this case mp3 will be legal if it features all of the artists permissions. i dont see anything bad about posting old records on the site , since its very ancient and almost extint , so it will be good for the people to visit the site and listening this kind of music.

I dont mind you put my stuff in your site , you´re very welcome to do it.

cheers for this great idea mate .

Filipe.

I think it could be very nice as well.

But to get permissions from everywhere is very hard work, and I doubt it's possible.

It will be very incomplete if you go down that route I'm quite sure.

But...

Like I said, stick to streaming the material.

Then you don't need to get permission from the labels but only from the organisation for performance royalties in the country you run the site from.