I don't know what new DJ to look for good song

DavidOBE

Hi, i'm new to this board, but was lurking before. I've been listening to Goa and psychadelic techno for some time now, but have hard time to find something that catch my interest. I'm really picky.

I like DJ like Yahel, Chi AD, The must Rapt.

I pretty much like when there is a nice melody.

I hate it when it's bass for 85% of the song and a nice melody only in the middle for a short time.

Do you guys have anything to suggest me? Something that sound like Intelligent Life from Yahel.

Thanks B)

Hi, i'm new to this board, but was lurking before. I've been listening to Goa and psychadelic techno for some time now, but have hard time to find something that catch my interest. I'm really picky.

I like DJ like Yahel, Chi AD, The must Rapt.

I pretty much like when there is a nice melody.

I hate it when it's bass for 85% of the song and a nice melody only in the middle for a short time.

Do you guys have anything to suggest me? Something that sound like Intelligent Life from Yahel.

Thanks  B)

209024[/snapback]

BLUE VORTEX : MIRAGE

The typically clichee answer all the drug haters on the board are waiting for... ;)

Guest .::E.P

(not trying to sound smart arse.)

but seriously drop some acid the next time you listen to psytrance.

209868[/snapback]

Was going to give him a lecture.. But hey he's not even worth the while.

To DavidOBE:

Try something with Astral Projection. They are sure melodic all way through.

If you like the Blue Vortex album then also try Protoculture - Refractions. I'm listening to to it right now and it sounds a bit similar from the style. Verrrrry nice stuff!

try some jaia or vibrasphere for subdued proggy melodies...

phi and alien project for slightly cheesy in-your-face melodies...

hallucinogen and talpa for twisted melodies

uhh, maybe old total eclipse for oldskool goa melodies? I think saikosounds has their 2nd cd violent relaxation in stock.

The typically clichee answer all the drug haters on the board are waiting for...  ;)

209874[/snapback]

209877[/snapback]

what was wrong with what i said

:angry:

what was wrong with what i said

:angry:

210175[/snapback]

Music that requires the use of drugs doesn't really hold much weight as very good music (maybe functionally it is good :P), I think...and then there are the moral issues haha. Go read the Off-topic forum, there's some discussions (arguments) about the whole issue there...

Music that requires the use of drugs doesn't really hold much weight as very good music

210224[/snapback]

heh heh thanks for the reply

:)

but what is having weight?? what is wrong with not holding much weight as very good music. The lightest and faddest music it may be i love my psytrance lifestyle.

Was suggesting about the substance cause DavidOBE was saying he/she didn't like when there is 85% of the music is bass.

Go read the Off-topic forum, there's some discussions (arguments) about the whole issue there...

210224[/snapback]

:)

went to the OFf-topic section after you recommended, but couldn't find the thread.:wacko:

What topic is it under?

:rolleyes:

209877[/snapback]

yeap got it what was wrong with what i said;

as said by Ken Kesey

'I believe with the advent of acid we discovered new way to think and it had to do with piecing together new thoughts of mind. Why is it that people think it's so evil? What is it about it that there is scares people so deeply? Because they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted. That there are doors that they're afraid to go in and they don't want us to go in there either because if we go in, there we might learn something that they don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control.'

yeap got it what was wrong with what i said;

as said by Ken Kesey

'I believe with the advent of acid we discovered new way to think and it had to do with piecing together new thoughts of mind. Why is it that people think it's so evil? What is it about it that there is scares people so deeply? Because they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted. That there are doors that they're afraid to go in and they don't want us to go in there either because if we go in, there we might learn something that they don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control.'

210522[/snapback]

Those doors can be opened without acid use. Thanks for the suggestion though, but I'll pass. The only drug I touch is weed, and I won't go farther than that. Except maybe for Salvia, which didn't to a SH*T on me :(

And thanks everyone for the info, I think that'll help me pretty much about what to search :)

Music that requires the use of drugs doesn't really hold much weight as very good music (maybe functionally it is good :P), I think...and then there are the moral issues haha. Go read the Off-topic forum, there's some discussions (arguments) about the whole issue there...

210224[/snapback]

I disagree, I have been around electronic music since my brother got me in drum n bass when I was 11 - that was 10 years ago, and since that time I have been djing for over 7 years now, most of which has been spent mixing hard dance (hardhouse, hardtrance, acid techno etc) and hardcore/freeform... I have never once needed to take drugs to enjoy myself within any of the scenes, and the same goes for psytrance at present!

I disagree, I have been around electronic music since my brother got me in drum n bass when I was 11 - that was 10 years ago, and since that time I have been djing for over 7 years now, most of which has been spent mixing hard dance (hardhouse, hardtrance, acid techno etc) and hardcore/freeform... I have never once needed to take drugs to enjoy myself within any of the scenes, and the same goes for psytrance at present!

210762[/snapback]

you won't know till you go

... I have never once needed to take drugs to enjoy myself within any of the scenes, and the same goes for psytrance at present!

210762[/snapback]

by the way,

enjoying oneself isn't a big deal.... enjoying is all just a state of mind.

here we are talking about something beyond personal enjoyment.

and also psytrance is not just another electronic music. psytrance is about psychedelia, no wonder there are more live sets in psytrance than any other electronic music scene.

mmmmm...... pink floyd