WMA 9 is better than MP3

WMA 9 is better than MP3. Get Advanced WMA Workshop. theres 5 types of WMA 9, use 2-Pass VBR. a 2-Pass VBR WMA at 128 should sound like an mp3 at 192 - 256. a 64 Kbps sounds about like a 128 mp3.

Advanced WMA Workshop is the encoder and ripper to get

I dunno about that man... can you really tell the difference between ultrahigh kbit mp3 (256-320, properly encoded) and CDDA/WAV? I sure can't. Although I don't have $10,000 audiophile equipment to do a blind test on...

And just to nitpick, it's not compression that is bad per se, it's lossy compression. There are compressed lossless formats (SHN, FLAC, APE, Apple Lossless) which get down close to half the filesize of WAV.

Well grahf u'r some right,

but compression of audio files like mp3's or wma's are by deactivating groups of frequencys,

lets say that when U listen to 150Kbs mp3 file U hear 10% of the frequency wav. files contains =] just for example...

BTW I wosnt going deep to the subject so I cant ensure U im right but anyway...

I dont think mp3 worth more than promotion, intended to attract listeners buy quality records =]

I can pick between VBR and 192kbps. Prefer VBR naturally. I buy the keepers, and discard the rest - lets face it, the artists make fuck all when you don't 'pirate' (arrrgh, Jack Sparrow, I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request) - They make their cash from touring, GO SEE 'EM IF THEY'RE GOOD, EVEN IF THEY'RE NOT.

• 2 weeks later...

yes thats true , mp3 and wma cuts the freq you cant hear but sometimes you can feel that something is missing or its sounding bad..

anyway i prefer mp3 1000000000000000000X than wma.

Mp3 at 320Kpbs is ok. ;)

208705[/snapback]

try a 2 Pass VBR at 192 with THIS PROGRAM: Advanced WMA Workshop . and let me know what you think.

it also has LOSSLESS

you might not be able to tell a difference between compressed formats and .wav at low volume levels on computer speakers, but put the same songs on with a nice system and crank the volume.  when the clipped wav's in the compressed formats send your woofers flying across the room, u will be able to tell a difference.

210409[/snapback]

Hehehehehe :)

the main thing is, is headphones people. speakers show nothing, then when you get headphones on you hear everything, all the differences

210744[/snapback]

I challenge you on that one! You are saying that my Genelec's 1019A's sound more crappy than any headphones out there?! Makes me wonder why people use monitors for mastering and not headphones.... ;) hehehehehe

I challenge you on that one! You are saying that my Genelec's 1019A's sound more crappy than any headphones out there?! Makes me wonder why people use monitors for mastering and not headphones.... ;) hehehehehe

210753[/snapback]

Well, any serious mastering engineer will use several different monitors as well as headphones. Just look at any major mastering studio - they always have at least two different pairs of monitors in there.

Both have advantages - bass is best to mix and monitor in a well designed room with helmholtz asbsorbents through SPEAKERS, while other sounds can be heard in greater details for headphones. But you should always ALWAYS check though both, in my opinion.

Well, any serious mastering engineer will use several different monitors as well as headphones. Just look at any major mastering studio - they always have at least two different pairs of monitors in there.

Both have advantages - bass is best to mix and monitor in a well designed room with helmholtz asbsorbents through SPEAKERS, while other sounds can be heard in greater details for headphones. But you should always ALWAYS check though both, in my opinion.

210764[/snapback]

Ukiro, please do understand that my answer was to:

the main thing is, is headphones people. speakers show nothing

Nothing more hehehehe ;)