How can i make good bass and beat

Hi psy users!!!! i'm psylunar and i come from greece!!! I have few questions about producing music!!! where can i found or make beat like astrix,alien project...! they are made by some software or by a sample???? I have try to make music but my beat sounds sucks!!!! I also would like to find very good bass like astrix,alien project.. !!! I like to make dance music with morning and psy melodies!!! please help me!! Tell me any software or any methods to make it!!! Thank You verry much and keep psy trance alive!!!!!

Hi psy users!!!! i'm psylunar and i come from greece!!! I have few questions about producing music!!! where can i found or make beat like astrix,alien project...! they are made by some software or by a sample???? I have try to make music but my beat sounds sucks!!!! I also would like to find very good bass like astrix,alien project.. !!! I like to make dance music with morning and psy melodies!!! please help me!! Tell me any software or any methods to make it!!! Thank You verry much and keep psy trance alive!!!!!

205440[/snapback]

I haven't heard much of the artists you are reffering to but here goes anyway. :) The kick is usuaky just a sinewave with a pitch envelope. Use any program that can modulate the pitch of a sound, for example soundforge. In sounforge you can make a sinewave by using the synthesis function. Then you use the pitch shift effect to bend the sinewave from very high pitch to very low, Experiment with this and you will eventually come up with a nice bassdrum.

To make a bass sound you will need some kind of a synth, most softsynths will work. The trick here is to use the filters to modulate the sound (not the amplifier). Start with a simple saw wave. Then turn the low pass filter all the way down until you cant hear the sound anymore. Now start experimenting with the filter envelope settings. Try using a fast attack and a low sustain value, then experiment with tne decay speed until you get a nice and punchy bass. Then you can add more oscillators, try pitching one of the oscillators one octave lower than the other.

Good luck! :)

205440[/snapback]

its hard to produce an original fullon kick , most of the fullon producers sample some kicks ... :rolleyes:

but in my case i love to produce my original percussion and tweak the kick , but i produce goa... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

hello there, i heard you want to make good beats and grooves and nice kicks. One of you guys mentioned a infected mushroom kick tutorial, I have it on my website

www.freewebs.com/beatlabstudios

its under the tutorials section, there are some more stuff on bass synthesis and other stuff too.

I recommend to use your own kicks, first learn how to make them well, and then you will get the hang of doing the perfect kick for whatever style you are into. As far as the grooves go, try always filling every space with grooves, try using 1/16 notes, and make a 1 bar groove (4 kicks) with a repetitive pattern, then try changing somethings around, however making them on beat, for example dont place a open hat along with the drum, and then on 4th beat, have an order for things.

if you have msn, here is my msn scubee2002@hotmail.com

i can send you some groove examples for psytrance through there

good luck

:)