Do you agree with the names "full on"&"progessive"

Ormion

I mean is "Full On" really full on?

I think the 90% of the music we call "Full On" has nothing to do with the meaning of full on.

Full on is something powerful,full of energy which makes you wanna dance like crazy.Do you believe that Astrix clones are really full on?

The only REALLY FULL ON artists are 3D Vision and South African guys.

The same with "Progressive".Why we call this music progessive? I don't see any progress. Do you believe that Progressive artists evolve the Old School sound in a better way? I don't say it's bad. I'm just curious about what "Progressive" means.

What do you think? Am I wrong?

I'm with you and I've posted about the use of term 'progressive' myself before I think. IMO name should be something descriptive and like you say neither of those really is. "Full On" isn't really that full on, there's lot of old school goa that in my opinion is much more energetic, exploding and thus "full on" and "progressive" really isn't progressing anywhere, the "melodies" in progressive don't usually progress anywhere etc.

I'm with you and I've posted about the use of term 'progressive' myself before I think. IMO name should be something descriptive and like you say neither of those really is. "Full On" isn't really that full on, there's lot of old school goa that in my opinion is much more energetic, exploding and thus "full on" and "progressive" really isn't progressing anywhere, the "melodies" in progressive don't usually progress anywhere etc.

205134[/snapback]

Fully agree with both of you. I dont like neither of the terms. I say trance to "progressive" or Techy Trance "techtrance". Some of it is more house than trance, but then it would be "tech house" hehehe. You understand?

Couldn't agree more with you all. "Full-on" and "Progressive" are adjectives which can be applied to every kind of music, and is absolutely not specific to Psychedelic Trance.

But hey, I think we can't change a damn thing about the use of these terms as " musical genres" in the scene...

J.

Couldn't agree more with you all. "Full-on" and "Progressive" are adjectives which can be applied to every kind of music, and is absolutely not specific to Psychedelic Trance.

But hey, I think we can't change a damn thing about the use of these terms as " musical genres" in the scene...

J.

205138[/snapback]

Oh yes we can! We are the ones that are producing, listening, dancing, discussing this music! Im gonna start an online poll for this! hahahahaha :) Nah, just kidding, but we can change things by just stop using the terms that we dont like. Might be difficult in the beginning though.

Thing is, this is a trend, and trends change, there only has to be the one that tries to change it ;)

fully agree... for me "full on" is nothing else than what was called "minimal" before 2003 except it has a loud bassline and a breakdown- climax around minute 4 or 5... I've always found it odd that 2 genres that are supposedly diametrically oposite actually sound very much alike.

And indeed, for me most "progressive" is basically club music... I honestly can't understand why most artists who were into goatrance in the beginning are converting to this sound... it just sounds so boring and lifeless compared to the old stuff.

I say trance to "progressive"

205135[/snapback]

Hehe. I thought the exact same thing after writing my post there. I was thinking to myself like what should we call them then. And like you, I would call this so called "progressive trance" just trance, because that's what it pretty much is. For me todays proggy stuff seems the closest continuation to the german trance I used to listen in the nineties when all of it was just trance.

I don't really know what "Full On" should be called then. Any ideas? :D

Nope. They work and are in common usage. Deal with it :)

Progressive that doesn't progress is more on the techno side.

Full-on that isn't really full-on could be just plain old psytrance.

Descriptions help us discuss music.

205145[/snapback]

Hahaha :) You already gave up didnt you!? ;)

Hehe. I thought the exact same thing after writing my post there. I was thinking to myself like what should we call them then. And like you, I would call this so called "progressive trance" just trance, because that's what it pretty much is. For me todays proggy stuff seems the closest continuation to the german trance I used to listen in the nineties when all of it was just trance.

I don't really know what "Full On" should be called then. Any ideas? :D

205153[/snapback]

Hehehe, what about GMS trance?! ;) They all sound like GMS hehehehehe. No, I dont know actually. There is a lot of good music out there that is psychedelic and not really full on. I would just call it Psy Trance, if its not "FULL FRIKKIN ON" :)