Best & worst Simon Posford projects

Cinos

yeahh!!! enough of goddamn pakko ruotsi .. even tho i dont have it ever again but for the poor bastards that start school nowdays  :(

203513[/snapback]

Yeah. I, however, LIVE in that goddamn country, but still I feel pity for the poor bastards who are forced to learn the language.

May I ask what "pakkoruotsi" means?    :huh:

203563[/snapback]

The fact that finnish people are forced to learn swedish in school. His avatar says "enough of that forced swedish already!".

His Best Projects -

Hallucinogen is Simon's best. Its where he began, his first release, his introduction to us and the known world! How can anyone not love, really like, or totally not respect and appreciate this stuff, unless your not into psytrance and goa. Hallucinogen is some of the very best psytrance/ (goa?) I've ever heard! The Lone Deranger was awesome too, one where I think he may have outdone himself for the time, but many will argue that TWISTED was greater because of its time and many, if all ... unforgettable tracks!

It seems that many long-time fans and people interested in Simon Postford, would LOVE it if he went back and made a true, third Hallucingen album. I would wait 3-5 years for this! Do we have a choice??? No. I hope he spends so much time and energy on this that it is truly a masterpiece beyond! I hope he makes and sucessfully finishes and releases a third Hallucinogen album... One thats more incredible, psychedelic, melodic, animated, mesmorizing and beyond, with tons of awesome layers of beautiful, twisted, sounds, scapes, rhythm, dark and light vibes, subtleties, secrets, and all the unique Simon finishing touches, sigature, and mastering... than ever before! I really would like to see him return to his roots and do what he's done best I feel. Hallucinogen is a milestone in psytrance and you all know it. It is to this day, fucking brilliant, and I still feel he has the energy to follow-this one up because its not like he's missing half the group, like Pleiadians, who I'm skeptical about Pleadians ever making a third album because half the magic is gone. Simon is at least, the group of Hallucinogen to my knowledge and many hope after all these years he makes another Hallucinogen masterpiece!

As far as Sphongle, you may all find that I've never really "got" it. I feel that these albums work best under the influence of something, because to me, other than the first really good track on "Tales from the Inexpressible," I found that the songs have more and more parts that slow down, speed up, skip, distort, etc... things that would affect ones perception if on something. I just have had trouble getting "into" it, as unique and interesting as some of it sounds to me. Ya know? I think Sphongle was partly made for the best music to have an adventure on. Some tracks seem as though you need to be in a very relaxed or influenced state to enjoy them or your like, yeah whatever, this sounds cool but its nothing great... and yet there are Sphongle tracks that I really like. Tracks that regardless, I can tell that they are great, musical tracks! Yet thats only several of them, at least for me right now. And I have a feeling that Simon really likes doing these Sphongle projects. They're something very rare and special to most people, and he's a master at it. These projects will never be his worst projects ever I believe, but after 5 years of ambient/chill/dub/trance, etc... call it what you will "music" from Simon, I wish he's return and do a third Hallucinogen album! I think the psytrace is where he has room to expand his creative energy!

Worst Projects???

Well I heard Beast (Spawn EP) and its not bad at all, its just not really good, especially since we're all used to his "best stuff." I was never all that impressed with Simon's track with Space Cat on track one of Beam Me Up, but it wasn't bad, I just expected more I guess.

So then ... worst stuff? I don't know. Someone mentioned a project on this topic thread that they said was worse than Beast (Spawn EP) and I forgot what it was right now. So... maybe thats his worst. Also his worst is probably what you all have never heard. The tracks that will never get released because they're not good enough, and I think some probably are really bad and every artist goes through things that he or she knows aren't good.

If something "bad" exists from Simon Postford, I haven't heard it. Some Younger Brother tracks were really cool while others I found pretty repetitive, annoying, and tedious to sit through, but I can't they were bad. Tracks 1, 3, and 4 on that album are so damn good! Regardless, Simon Postford has released very few bad or disappointing projects. I do know that because I heard many of his projects, but I can't think of any bad projects he's made that I've heard. :)

Some tracks seem as though you need to be in a very relaxed or influenced state to enjoy them or your like, yeah whatever, this sounds cool but its nothing great...

203580[/snapback]

It may sound that way, but I'm living proof you don't have to. Shpongle is right anywhere, anytime. :)

The whole skip/distort/hack thing is what the music is meant to be like. Not following any kind of pre-formed map, but completely unique!

the old name he used for ambient (...euhm...no NOT Celtic Cross, earlier)

TIP - Mystical Experiences??

BTW now that some you you mention it, I also find that that Fly Agaric track was HORRIBLE!!!! Especially since the stakes were so high on that one (I remember all the "OMG! OMG! Simon P and IM collaboration coming! OMG!" threads...)

His Best Projects -

Hallucinogen is Simon's best. Its where he began, his first release,

Sory to be a nitpick, but he released a track under the name Gumbo in 1993, before the Hallucinogen project got started.

Sory to be a nitpick, but he released a track under the name Gumbo in 1993, before the Hallucinogen project got started.

203600[/snapback]

Damn! I'm WRONG?!?! I hate being wrong! :angry: ... but that was only a track. He basically started with Hallucinogen as far as "albums" go, but okay.

Well, Hallucinogen - Twisted seems to be his first Masterpiece! I think virtually all people will unquestionably agree to that, including you.

:D