looking for that rare "super-melodic-psy" stuff !

Adam

euhm... eyal barkan is 100% nitzhonot... just like cyan...

202919[/snapback]

ah ok.. I didn't know some people actually called that kind "nitzhonot" ..

We don't call it like that around here. Eyal Barkan and Cyan we call that much more "trance" than psytrance or even less "nitzhonot" .. I listened to shiva shidapu, a friend of mine had the album, it's pretty good yeah, but faster like somebody said.. I like it.. Not what i prefer but i liked it.. However Eyal Barkan and Shiva Shidapu are very different trend of music..

It's weird sometimes how definitions of different kind of music can differ so much in different parts of the world..

For example if you just take the word: "Trance".. Trance in Israel is what we call around here north America Psytrance.. What we call Trance is actually popular trance.. Eyal Barkan and Yahel bend a little on that side..

Where do you come from Rain ?

anyway to come back to ultra-melodic psytrance, i really appreciate your suggestions ! Most of em i know already because i'm a huge melodic fan and i already did a lot of research on that, but i'm really really happy to discover the ones i don't know !! :D

It's fun too to keep a "melodic trance" topic alive !!!! :DDDDDDDDDDD

I found that one i forgot in my last message: MFG !!

How could we forget MFG ????????????????????

They made some awesome melodic music !! ok ok it's not really the kind of melodic i was looking for in that topic, it sounds more like Astral, but even that, we can't forget MFG ! I see their name very few times in melodic topics and that's bad, they were awesome !!

OK I got it.

Check out John Digweed's Northern Exposure 2: West Coast mix cd. very pure trance music; drifting, uplifiting, and progressive, and definitely not cheesy.

(NE 3 has good trance too, but it's a bit clubbier, and I don't think that's what you're looking for.)

No like i said in my first post in this topic, i'm not looking for commercial Trance.

I'm not saying i don't like popular trance, i love it (i don't like digweed though, but i really like stuff like Kai tracid, Nu-Nrg, blank and jones, Tiesto (not all his stuff, only the melodic stuff), rank 1, and many more...) but i'm looking for something else right now..

Actually i think commercial trance doesn't evolve anymore.. It has been on a plateau for a while now.. There was so much good stuff before (2 years ago and before) and now i feel like there's a lack of creativity, they don't know what to do anymore.. Every good tracks released sound the same but few rare ones..

I don't know what's gonna happen with it.. Or it's gonna stay on that boring plateau for too long and gonna be assimilated by house/clubish techno, or it's gonna have to change, find new ways, new doors..

Good thing even though the 10000 full-on albums released lastly that sounds all the same i think psytrance has still PLENTY of energy and space to conquer !!

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Anyway to come back to the melodic psytrance topic

Art of Trance was an awesome suggestion !

It fits really good in what i'm looking for !

Really super melodic, but not leaning towards commercial trance, and still psytrance.. At first when i listened to it i thought it sounded too commercial, but after hearing it more, it has a lot of psytrance elements.. not all their tracks though, but the good ones are just awesome; because they mix together the power of the psytrance trance experience with the deepness of melodic stuff..

Thanks for that suggestion !!

I got voice of earth..

Is the other album better ?

I did manage to get terra ferma but didn't yet..

Even if Art of trance fits really good in that topic, it's not what i prefer..

There's something missing in it.. i don'T know what exactly, but something is missing...

Look forward to hear Terra Ferma !

John Digweed is not at all that cheesy "commercial". Hes one of the best dj's ive ever heard. Dj Nukem is also very cool I must say. Check out the tracks from Dj Nukem and Chab. Its not psy, but its trance, trance like it should be (IMO).

I guess I am a bit off topic hehehe ;)

Well, his first album was much more trancey in fact and has some even psychedelic songs where second one was more on the chill/journey side. There are songs on Wildlife On One that were hits : MOSQUITO, OCTOPUS, GLORIA, KALEIDOSCOPE...But you are going to ADORE Terra Ferma albums, especially first one - Turtle Crossing. It is very melodic, tribal, lyrical, delicate trance album and it is among my favourite pure trance albums ever.

Have a listen to some of GTR's sets. Melodic trance with psy influences. Similar bass lines as psy.

I really like Avi Nissim's mix on 10 years of Israeli trance.... its quite melodic I think.

John Digweed is not at all that cheesy "commercial". Hes one of the best dj's ive ever heard. Dj Nukem is also very cool I must say. Check out the tracks from Dj Nukem and Chab. Its not psy, but its trance, trance like it should be (IMO).

I guess I am a bit off topic hehehe ;)

203222[/snapback]

I've just won tickets to see him at a invite only party this Tuesday night, CAN'T WAIT!

Can't find Turtle crossing ! :(((

I heard some random songs mostly from "the adventures of.." and i liked it but not that much though.. i don't have much time though in these days and i listened to it pretty fast, i'll give another try !!

But i'd really like to hear turtle crossing.. i'll get my hand on it soon !!

You were right Seraph, i loved terra Ferma: turtle crossing !!

I recommend it to every melodic lovers that can listen to other stuff than psy..

this album is awesome, very intelligent, very well produced and each track is made with lot or work and... love ! yep, love !! hehe! These are the words i found to describe it best, when i listen to this album i feel the love they put in their music, it's awesome !

It makes me think to my good old Mystrë and Nostrum.. Before trance became super popular.. It was very simple music, but sooo good ! In these old days they use to put much more work into melodies, trying to develop melodies that'd really touch you, that'd penetrate your entire body and mind.. Trance state was reached by melodies only..

That kind of stuff is really rare in these days.. And i'm looking for it, all the time !! hehe !!

Anyway thanks for the suggestion, you got any more like these ?? :D

If you liked this album, try "Mars and Mystre" They're mindblowing if you like that kind of music !

Hehe, I knew you'd like it if you're looking for an melodic release. When I was listening to that album I couldn't help myself thinking that this might be the best melodic trance album ever, just because of endless using of melodies and stretching them into infinity. His second album though is not that melodic but funny and with better production. Turtle Crossing is among most serious albums I've ever heard. I am glad you finally found it and enjoyed it. I actually can't see any other quality album in this style but I can reccomend you Cygnus X - Hypermetrical which is not that good of course but it is old melodic release, Spicelab - A Day On Our Planet is ambient trance album and one of the better ambient trance albums I've heard. Every song ( there are 4 songs only ) are very well thought 15-20 minutes long journeys with lot of variations inside the tracks where you feel like you've been listening to 2-3 different songs in one...Get that for sure, it is fenomenal album...There is Oliver Lieb another good project LSG where he made 2 pretty good trancey/technoey/housey albums but with melodies and experimental structures...Rendez-Vous In Outer Space and Volume 2. Now, I don't know whether you like freestyle trance but those 2 albums are A MUST for collection. If you can find what I reccomended you, COME BACK FOR MORE...;)

hehe actually i already have all of them !

hey, i'm a melodic lover; no way i could pass on cygnus-X and spicelab !! hehe ! i'm joking !

Cygnus-X is actually really good, let's say in my top... 25..

I just made some reseach on mars and mystre and realized they had way more stuff than i thought ! I have a couple cds with random songs i've had forever, i don't even remember where they come from ! But these 2 cds are really in my favs, the tracks are just awesome ! They got brilliant melodies that strech long like terra ferma a little bit.. Anyway i realized they had 3-4 albums !! ohhh i gotta get that ! I don't know if they're gonna be as good as the tracks i got, but i hope !! :D

Well said about Turtle crossing: endless melodies streching into infinity, i couldn't find better words !

spicelab is good but i'd have to listen to it a bit more.. Ambiant is still pretty new to me, i've never really been interested into it before a year ago..

LSG i really didn't like, i found it too simple, not enough "content".. It's still a while ago since i listened to it though.. It was the black album..

Well, no wonder you didn't like LSG cause Black Album as the title suggest is pretty dark and even though it is dark, I still like it, but his better albums were the ones I suggested you, before Black Album. He was using more melodies on previous ones but he also has singles he released before albums and that I find as his best trance worx : HEARTS, BLUEPRINT, FRAGILE...They are real classics of trance genre. We'll stay in touch...;)

im not sure if this will be of any help but you might like the track VNV Nation - Standing. Its grouped in the industrial category but it sounds total dark trance, with vocals that fit perfectly over the music. Its a really existential song, not sad, not happy. The whole album that its on, empires is just amazing.

this review from amazon sums up the album to me :

"Suppose that all of the greatest euphoric heights of trance were cast into a concentrated area of anguished emotion. Then suppose that this mixture was fired through with electricity, and then shot on a beam of light into the setting sun. Upon impact, the wave created would be... The sound that comes out of the speakers whilst this CD spins."

ritual om i know what you mean by: ohhhhhhhhhhhh meeeeeennnnnnn yessssssssssssssss !! hehe ! ;)

That album is truly in the heart of melodic.. it is in my heart too !

Live at Ducth Dimension is really amazing as well !!

And being in the subject, one of my favs in that category is talla 2XLC: Live at space club ibiza which is not good all long but has a few really AMAZING tracks with instrumental piano i never heard before ..

I just listened to standing by VNV and ohh yeah it is good music !

I'd like to hear an instrumental version of it ..

I think the vocals could have been a bit better, but hey i'm really really picky when there's vocals, because i used to hate vocals; now i don't mind it (and even like it on some cases) but it has to be "fine art" if you know what i mean !

Maybe a girl vocals would fit better in "Standing"..

The whole "empire" album impressed me. I don't used to like Industrial, but i might begin to like it more now !

The track "legion" is also really good !

Thanks for that suggestion !

Union Jack has some pretty interesting stuff i agree.. Nothing to bach my head into a wall though !! :blink:

hey Seraph i gotta thank you again for that Terra ferma suggestion !

Just listening to turtle crossing right now and maaannn !! This is well made music !

It's already in my top cds !

And the more i listen to "the adventures of Terra Ferme" the more i like it !

If you got more like that keep em coming !!

hehe i know you said before you didn't have any more but just in case!

;)

Hehe, I am really glad you like it. I am sure that even second one will grow on you even though it is different than Turtle Crossing. Shame cause the guy hasn't made anything since. I find him extremely talented and musical and he surely knows how to trance you out. ;)