What do I need?

You should get a machine ( for crispy, better production and more effects ) or to get loads of samples and effects and instal them on your computer. It would be great if you start doing something first in Fruity Loops with samples, to get into the thing before you move forward and start producing more serious stuff cause Fruity Loops could be very good as a tutorial before BIG THINGS. But if you have money to buy some machine ( Nordlead preferably ) then immediately connect it to Cubase and you'd get powerful set up. ;)

Yes thats preferable, a NordLead as soundsource & a wicked soundsource. And it's also good as masterkeyboard because it's got the worlds best pitch-wheel :) ultra sensitive and it also feels nice to grab because it's made of wood.

Virus is good too but more expensive, and they weight ALOT, not that nice bringin at gigs.

You sure don't need a nordlead to get "crispy production and more fx".

You don't need anything more than cubase and a decent computer to make professional sounding music nowadays.

That discussion is getting really passe.

And if you have money to spend and want to get some extra DSP for quality fx and synthesis i would reccommend to get a DSP solution like Pulsar, Powercore or UAD-1.

Get a copy of Reason and play around with that. It has great features :) Im not saying that is what you need, but it sure helps newcommers on the way...

Get a copy of Reason and play around with that. It has great features :) Im not saying that is what you need, but it sure helps newcommers on the way...

201406[/snapback]

I agree with nemo, start with reason and when you will know why, move to cubase or logic :) It's all about experiencies (technical things, i'm not talking about talent :)

well mate... u dont need nothing else...

just some cubase knolege and alot of imagination!

maybe few more vsti for variation and thats it...

btw RAM is important to run those vsti...

good luck!  :D

201393[/snapback]

Well I put cubase in my PC it says that I need something else to work with it, so I guessed that I need a machine or something.