Just bought Son Kite - Colours (2004)

Min

WTF?

COLOURS IS FUCKING YUCKING GREEEEEAT!!!

With this masterpiece Son Kite prove that they are really fucking great! Nobody, nobody, absolutely nobody else can make a track out of two tones, two fucking simple naive tones, so gently floating, so dreamy, so incredibly cool ... oh shit, I can piss my pants ten times! Jukebox is an INCREDIBLE track! And the other ones too, really they are great masterpieces.

Even On Air, which I hated in the beginning, developed itself to a good track. This album is great. So many soundscapes, so many new beats. Great. I don't know, Son Kite must have put some energy with the music that comes with it and goes directly into the heart...

Truly, Colours is a great album. Especially if you are a jogger YOU MUST RUN TO IT! It's genious! The beat will push you, the melodies will drive you, you will have a great time! I have been running to this album more than once - and it's still the fucking best music for running I have at the time! It's even better than S-Range's Space!

I fell in love with colours :)

I must pay attention not to listen to it too much though :)

Thanks 4 your comments and especcially 4 the link.

You know... I`ll tell you what...

This album could be the best indeed 4 somebody who was closer to that kind of styles that mentioned in your reviwes: old-school techno, house and some other.

When techo and house were at the top in clubs I was listening GOA, D`n`B, Jungle, Trip Hop and The Prodigy :-). So... Colours are not a kind of mix of my favourite styles. But it sounds really not bad.

It`s just not what I `was searching for when came to the music store that day. I`ve found a professionally composed music for my "different mood" because after Mushroom, Cosma, Tsuyoshi Suzuki, Eat Static, Magnetrixx, and other masters of psychedelic trance Colours seemed 2 me soft and totally chill out.

Any argues?

Guest The Journey Man Project

I'll admit my comments are biased as I've done some promo work for this release/concept...

Son Kite worked extremely hard on this project, not just on the cd's, but they have spent much time working on the DVD, which has been delayed because they found the production was much more difficult than originally believed...

Colours shows a great perspective of where the psytrance scene is at now, whilst not tnerein the nutty darker side, it covers mostof the popular commercial styles that hve come ut, and all of the tracks do this in a very formal and in-depth fashion. This is not some quick production done for money, but and extremely slow process that was well worth the wait. The good thing about Son Kite is that they never stick to just their latest suic, if you look at the tracklisting of the live DVD they still pay many old and rare tracks in their sets as well as the new stuff.

Personally, I'd say that Son Kite are equal with Astral Projection, they have managed to master the popular sounds of psytrance today, as Astral were kings of the old Goa sounds... I think that we can only look forward to much more beauty in sound from the Son Kite boys...

http://www.mpdqx.com/sonkitecolours/blueframe.htm

Son Kite worked extremely hard on this project,

198683[/snapback]

I do believe it.

Personally, I'd say that Son Kite are equal with Astral Projection,

198683[/snapback]

:blink::unsure: Personally I :) like when music has its` mood that is impressed in long melodic loops (not when it is repeated many times) and changing of the mood during the track, but in Colours I didn`t find them even in a little.

I think those times when Astral Projection rised they could get right into your heart from the first track. That were the emotions, the impressions.

I hope Son Kite will do so further.

Colours shows a great perspective of where the psytrance scene is at now, ... they have managed to master the popular sounds of psytrance today, ...

198683[/snapback]

Sorry, can`t agree. I simply doesn`t believe that house and Chicago`s atmosphere is back <_<:huh:

I'll admit my comments are biased as I've done some promo work for this release/concept...

198683[/snapback]

That`s why I think it`s hard for you to take a detached view.