2.CPU-Thinking Machines

3.Absolum vs GMS-The Therapy

4.Theoreme-Wagama

5.CP Tribe-Single Dose

6.Sesto Sento vs Gataka-Reflection

7.CosmoChaos-Danceroid

8.Safi Connection-Human Lights

9.Vibra-Extraordinaire rmx

3D Vision still kicks ass, even after Lestat and Mael left the label.

Quality Full-On for one more time,less melodic but very interesting and furious!

First track comes from Synergy.Who are they? Absolum and CPU! The CPU album was my best release of 2003 and the Inside The Sphere album one of my best of 2004 so far. So Synergy project sounds great to me. The One Eye Man track is really a furious track with a typical,awesome Absolum-ish bassline, lots of sound thrown to your face and a killer melody(?) at the end.Great track! To be honest I was except something much harder and crazy (after the bombs in their albums)but I suppose they keep the energy for the debut album. ;) But as I said is still a mind-blowing dancefloor killer! 10/10

Next is CPU himself.I don't remember any bad track from him.Thinking Machines is a superb killer track with the usual madness of sounds and kicks but the great part is the final melody.When you think the track is finished it hits you again and again and again.... K-I-L-L-E-R!!! 10/10!

Next is Absolum again, this time with GMS! Typical Absolum style. Agressive full-on,super fast basslines,killer synths. It's dificult to find a ''GMS ingredient'' in it except some melodies(?) which are less bad! But if you like Absolum like myself you gonna love it! 9.5/10

Theoreme=New name from Japan

Wagama=An unbelievable track! This is surely 100% 3D Vision style and it reminds me the first Absolum tracks, before Christof get that CPU influence. Wagama is insane with psychotic melodies-a 6 minutes madness ready to explode your mind! Can't wait for new stuff from this guy. 10/10!!!!!

CP Tribe is an interesting collaboration. CPU and Space Tribe! Although the track is really good I think that something is missing. What? The madness of CPU and the acid melodies of Olli. Single Dose might be more melodic than most of the tracks here but not enough to call it ''Melodic Full-On''. You know what I mean, right? 8/10

Next we have a nice track from SS and Gataka. More Chemical Crew style but much much better than the usually Skazi tracks this is a simple but still good track. Actually it isn't that hard and you can consider it as morning track also! Very good. 8.5/10

Surprise first.The CosmoChaos track. Why? Well, forget the metalic and sometimes minimal full on he used to make cause Danceroid is a morning track. Unfortunatelly there are no melodies again but luckily is not an another cheesy-clubby shit like 70% of today morning Full-On. 7.5/10

Surprise second.The Safi Connection track. Forget the ultra-cheesy full on.(like the 70% I said before). This time they make a real melodic track, full on to the bone and really psychedelic.The oriental melody is reminds a lot some old-school tracks! Very gooood! 9.5/10

Finally, a Vibra track. Simple full on, nothing really great but still a nice track. I was excepting more variation but it's ok. 7/10

Overall 9.5/10

One of my favorites comps of 2004!

• 3 weeks later...

Next is Absolum again, this time with GMS! Typical Absolum style. Agressive full-on,super fast basslines,killer synths. It's dificult to find a ''GMS ingredient'' in it except some melodies(?) which are less bad! But if you like Absolum like myself you gonna love it! 9.5/10

Theoreme=New name from Japan

Wagama=An unbelievable track! This is surely 100% 3D Vision style and it reminds me the first Absolum tracks, before Christof get that CPU influence. Wagama is insane with psychotic melodies-a 6 minutes madness ready to explode your mind! Can't wait for new stuff from this guy. 10/10!!!!!

Surprise second.The Safi Connection track. Forget the ultra-cheesy full on.(like the 70% I said before). This time they make a real melodic track, full on to the bone and really psychedelic.The oriental melody is reminds a lot some old-school tracks! Very gooood! 9.5/10

197470[/snapback]

Funny, I don't hear much Absolom in the track, it's all GMS from the high pitched percussion to the beatdropping... it oozes GMS and has little Absolom going for it.

I find the theoreme-track severely lacking in originality and variation.

I must agree with the Safi track,these guys take us back to the old days with a perfect melody with a nice acid line...

Funny, I don't hear much Absolom in the track, it's all GMS from the high pitched percussion to the beatdropping... it oozes GMS and has little Absolom going for it.

I find the theoreme-track severely lacking in originality and variation.

I must agree with the Safi track,these guys take us back to the old days with a perfect melody with a nice acid line...

198450[/snapback]

Well I've listened some new tracks from GMS and they sound completelly cheesy with happy melodies, funky basslines and a housey touch. This is why I don't find any GMS thing in The Therapy track.

But you didn't say if you liked the compilation :)

• 4 years later...

This is one of my favorite 3DV post-Talamasca albums by far.

The GMS collaboration does sound a lot like GMS. You can pick up some typical GMS sounds and the bass line at the end was very Spun-ish. You can also check the latest remix (Skydivers - Nutek), which is all Absolum's and you'll see what I mean. What I liked about this track? You have Absolum driven power all the way, yet it can be used as a morning track thanks to GMS. Versatility: what collaborations should be all about.

The Synergy & CPU tracks are insanely awesome. No further comment. Theoreme's track is pretty good in its style, but I am not usually in the mood for such intensity.

The Sesto Sento... I don't think it sounds like a Chemical Crew track. Doesn't sound like typical SS either. It's a well achieved exercise. I would respect Sesto Sento if 70% of their tracks sounded like that. Didn't blow my mind, though.

The CPU-Space Tribe track... holly crap, I can't get enough of it. The bass line makes me undoubtedly tap my foot, the is a perfect mixture of CPU engine-like characteristic sounds (you know which) with ST bubbly effects, and the melodies create a very particular mood. This and Thinking Machines could be my favorite tracks.

I guess what I like the most about the album is the collaborations. The way I rate any 3dv album that has been released since Talamasca left is "is it Sound Syndicate quality"? Rarely the answer is "yes". I love this album.

• 4 years later...

4UWH7mi.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: The Sound Syndicate

Label: 3D Vision

Date: 2004

1. Synergy -The One Eye Man
2. CPU -Thinking Machines
3. Absolum vs GMS -The Therapy
4. Theoreme - Wagama
5. CP Tribe - Single Dose
6. Sesto Sento vs Gataka - Reflection
7. CosmoChaos - Danceroid
8. Safi Connection - Human Lights
9. Vibra - Extraordinaire rmx

"It's like my daddy used to say...in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!"

See ladies. Penis rules.

WN0LK9p.gif

Wow. Please take a closer look at this monster. You'll be glad you did. The first 5 tracks on this compilation are f*cking beastly. They lay a smack down that is pretty epic with a take no prisoners attitude. 10 years on it still will split your wig and is one of the best compilations from this label. The 2nd half isn't bad either, but not in the same class. It's like they ran outta steam. Still love this compilation though and just got it off of Discogs.