The orb and Dr. Alex Paterson

PsikotriP

The Orb is one of the best ambient/dub groups ever. They managed to create special world with unique style, demented sounds and crazy constructions. Beside ULTRAWORLD, their certainly best album is ORBUS TERRARUM. Amazing piece of music. I also recommend UFO.RB...another gold album and ORBLIVION...They also released numerous singles and remixes and they simply rock. Their latest efforts aren't that good though : CYDONIA and BICYCLES. Very poor melodies and lots of singing, quite boring actually...But their albums from 91 to 01 are simply amazing. Get them if you want good, trippy ambient soundscapes.

The Orb is one of the best ambient/dub groups ever. They managed to create special world with unique style, demented sounds and crazy constructions. Beside ULTRAWORLD, their certainly best album is ORBUS TERRARUM. Amazing piece of music. I also recommend UFO.RB...another gold album and ORBLIVION...They also released numerous singles and remixes and they simply rock. Their latest efforts aren't that good though : CYDONIA and BICYCLES. Very poor melodies and lots of singing, quite boring actually...But their albums from 91 to 01 are simply amazing. Get them if you want good, trippy ambient soundscapes.

197401[/snapback]

Opinions are subjective. While I do agree that Cydonia was unfocused and far from their best, I've been finding that Bikes and Trikes compares favorably with some of the classic Orb albums of yesteryear. True, there are no more superlong ambient journeys, but it really just means the Orb sound is evolving. Like the second track on the US release - it's hiphop, wtf!? But honestly, the beats are phat and the mc'ing is tight, so who cares? In fact almost all the tracks are more beat and groove-oriented, but they still have that "orb touch" to me.

I also thought the early material was much better than the new stuff...

The long never ending journey through space and time in songs like Tower of Dub or An ever growing pulsating brain that rules from the center of the ultraworld, are just what defines the orb sound.

It's like travelling distances and weird but nice places. The new albums don't have this trippy aspect to them...

just my opinon lol

And if Dr. Alex Paterson is a doctor, in what did he get his degree?

Are you joking about that Lemmi or were you serious cause that blink sounded as joke...If ALex Paterson is gynaecologist then he surely knows how to penetrate your brain through sound frequencies... :o