ENTROPY - The Second Law o Thermodynamics

Nefarious

Entropy - The second law of thermodynamics (DOOF recs)

I'm not going to bother with a track by track beep by beep description type review.

More of a recommendation really! :P

After hearing the Kopsses - Empty Handed track on the Jam comp(DOOF), I was keen for more. And what we get is a LOT more! Omer2 & Pitt have put together a fukin' belter of an album that flows, pumps and grinds its way inside.

This album is so hypnotic they should take out a trademark. The percussive and rythmic nature of this baby is flawless. Brilliantly produced to be dark n' heavy, but never murky. Tempo is restrained nicely which only adds to the effect the sledge hammer kicks n' bass have. The way they rock hard with big basslines and a tasty kick/snare with all manner of elements flying around, which all cohesively hang together in unison to form one massive percussive trip, is devastating.

Definatley one for the night, but has tracks that make sure their are funkier groovier moments.

Anyway, I fuking love this, another great Doof release.

9/10

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

I disagree with Nefarious, i found this album uncreative,too flat & quite weak for a second album (not enough energy, repetitive & unoriginal sounds sounds), very few real catchy tracks (Fog , Time & Space).

6,5/10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When I pre-listened to this album on psyshop.com, it sounded pretty cool and powerful. However, when I got it, it did not play properly both on my PC and my Mac and there was no way to put it on my iPod. I sent it back and got a replacement (the guys at Psyshop are pretty fast, good service!) but the replacement had similar problems. When I sent it back again, they told me that the whole batch had manufacturing errors and I could choose a different product as substitute.

Some weeks later, the Entropy album was available again, I ordered one immediately, got the same results. Finally, Psyshop found out that the CD was

COPY PROTECTED!!!

How are they going to sell anything if they p*ss of their paying customers and screw up their distribution network by letting the distributors handle customer complaints and returns? Which DJ still takes the risk of carrying around originals?

Sorry, I will never buy anything from DOOF until they publicly excuse for having abused paying customers as guinea pigs for crippled media and publicly declare that they will NEVER put "copy protection" on their CDs again.

My conclusion: zero/10 !!!

PS: Psyshop offered again to choose a substitute product. This problem is not their fault!