what is that "moment" to you?

Guest bugbread

For me, it's less spiritual and more psychological and physical. That is, I don't feel like a god, or in tune with my environment, or anything else particularly otherworldly. I also don't get a "whoosh" sound. What I do get is a MASSIVE endorphine rush that makes my smile almost touch my ears and that makes me shout out loud. The shortest I've had was 10 seconds or so, and the longest one I've had lasted 45 minutes (which is amazingly long considering that this isn't just psychological happiness but a flushed, tingly, ecstatic physical feeling that closely resembles e). I get it from goa, from epic, and from really screwed up oldskool jungle, and except for jungle, it tends to make me start to cry (in a damn good way).

Guest spirit_dancer

right on matt...thats y i like this forum better...just go there to 'check' out whats goin' on with an occasional post and check the party listing for atlanta...here is where my heart is..:-))

hehe....i just went and read the other forum. im not so sure they entirely understand. but thes only 2 responses so its to soon to tell. it is interesting though, that was a good idea spirit dancer. i dont mean to sound judgemental, but it seems as though that forum is for regular "rave" stuff. while i believe that this sensation we are all talking about is possible with any music as long as you can make that connection...i dont think to many people there will really understand what were talking about. i fing that goa/psy as a genra is a bit more mature and complicated, im not convinced that epic trance or club trance can really do it...i dont think its designed to do it....its for dancing. goa is for a lot more than just dancing. i think there is a certain maturity needed to appreciate goa and have this "moment" happen...and im not talking about peoples age, just state of mind. i think maybe the people in tht forum...if they continue on a path of discovery will eventualy end up leaving that behind and moving on to goa...it seems a natural progression.

im not trying to sound like a snob, i just think thats the way it is. like anything else there are levels of quality...im not sure how to explain it. i just think that kind of trance is "entry" level, then you move up. maybe im wrong.

Guest spirit_dancer

im totally with u ouroboros...im just sad to see that they still seem to have a looong way to go...everyone is always tryin' to take a bite outta the other person...it seems to me that they are a still a bit 'immature' to understand what we talk about in this forum.