PLEASE : WRITE REVIEWS, NOT UNUSEFUL POSTS !

As you probably noticed I don't remove unuseful reviews anymore since 3 months, as more than 100 are written each day (too hard for me particularly with the current system of non-dynamic review pages)

As a result ... there are looooots of reviews that have absolutely NOTHING to do here ! Such as people talking to each other, talking of sthing else than the release they sould review, saying 3 words, or even commenting the reviews from some other people !!! For example Here is what has been written today on the "Alienated Buddha" album review after my review post, what's all that crap ??? :

Wednesday, February 13, 2002

That review is too LONG

Anonymous

Yeah I can't read reviews that long. Under 100 words please.

Anonymous

One problem with the reviews section here is that you cannot format your review to make it into neat paragraphs. It is very difficult to read a huge block of text.

anonymous

I personally never read the descriptions of every single track... When I open a page, I want to see quickly if something is good or not. P.s. you can describe an album well in only few sentences... Not that i'm flaming someone, it's just what I like.

too long for this fast days

Guest phaeton

yeah, sucks, but i think the guy saying that it's a problem that you cannot format your review to make it into neat paragraphs has got a valid point though ;)

Children, I think these opinions should be discussed here, not in the REVIEWS section - even tho I dont agree with most of these opinions, I think they are worthy FORUM discussions.

Guest --==MileS==--

It kinda sux if people take serious efforts to write decent and comprehensive reviews to see comments like that being added by people that didn't even bother to review the actual album but just moan about the another review...I personally like it that the first review gives a description of each individual track, so maybe I am a little biased...but if people only want a quick description just look at the last sentences, its all there goddammit...

' Overall, this album is very original, mostly psychedelic & hypnotic, often weird, and contains some good Tracks (Track 7 being the absolute highlight), and some average ones. But, if you like weird & psychedelic sounds you won't be disappointed. Rating : 6/10 '

Maybe u should set some guidelines for reviews around the input window...not that it is gonna contribute greatly for improved reviews but if it prevents a couple of idiot 'reviews', then maybe its worth a try...

Guest Zero the Hero

For a lot of people, I think, english language is not so easy to read, so they prefer a short review, that describe the whole release, rather than a long descriptive of each track...

By the way, to describe all the tracks one by one is mainly useful for mp3 freaks, it permits to them to chose easily which track they will dl and they'll never buy the CD...

It's my opinion...

but, ok, those post should be in the forum, not in the reviews section.

i like long reviews a lot, i wanna know what kind of cd i buy. i think there shouldn't be a guideline how one may write reveiws and how not because all like it different. but comments as the above belong definitely in the forum and not in the reviews section!

Guest [tom jaimz]

I think there should be a thing like on cNet and other similar sites, where we can rate albums on a scale of 1 to 5 or something and it tells us the average rating for each CD.

Guest bugbread

Really, review registration is necessary.

It will cut down on a lot of crap, and won't cut out many legitimate reviewers (after all, how many people will spend 10 or 20 minutes writing a good review but then not post it just because they have to type in their name and password?). That will also allow Mars and Children to nix reviews from people with a long history of crap review comments (stuff like "You suck!" and "This AlbUm RoxX0rS!!1!!".

Guest Inpsyde media

well, I think long and extensive reviews are for sure the best way to get a good overview of an album, a short one which looks like "Good album, good psychedelic sounds bla bla" is not enough to check if the products is good or not above all cosidering the great number of releases nowadays.

maybe before or at the end of the article, the reviewer could write a forma-short description with :

- music style

- brief description

- country of the artist

I have posted a few first-reviews on this site, mainly in the chillout section. The reviews I write have been getting longer (perhaps too much so) because it seems that there are people interested in what I have to say. When I review I try to give an overall impression first, then some increased detail (possibly track by track) and finally a summary with a rating. That way if people don't like to read the whole thing, there's the essence at the top and bottom. Hopefully that is not causing anyone offense ?? If you would like to review my reviews feel free - I happily take constructive criticism

bomble

Guest vasyachkin

children, i almost posted "that review is too long" myself, but somebody did it before me.

give us a break, it was two pages long.

by the way USELESS not unuseful.

Guest etherdesign

Thursday, February 7, 2002

now where are those damn mp3 groups when you need them the most :P

Anonymous

Thursday, February 7, 2002

good. this is a new album sow a new underground tracks . it is the fatality , the end of world.

zouksdz@yahoo.fr

Friday, February 8, 2002

someone rip this already :-)

Anonymous

Friday, February 8, 2002

yey its out, gEm rules:)

Anonymous

Friday, February 8, 2002

but its not on audiogalaxy yet, so how can it be out?

Anonymous

Friday, February 8, 2002

gEm releases on private ftps, then it gets to audiogalaxy through other people

Anonymous

Saturday, February 9, 2002

can someone please put this in their audiogalaxy shared folder; i will buy, if i like it!

Anonymous

Tuesday, February 12, 2002

Looking for the Twisted Allstas track, blue sky on mars..any help??

Anonymous

Man, what a bunch of crap.