Boards of Canada

Guest Mahoney

Hello!

I just need tips on music in the same style as Boards of Canada. I just rescently discovered them, and it´s has been playing my stereo ever since.

I know about Warp, but not really about the artists, what should I search among and other labels?. There isn´t just Warp, right?

Take Care!

Guest Setsuko

... hé Mahoney ... i like boards of canada too , one of my favourite chill-out artists ..

maybe you should try 'Nightmares On Wax' from Warp label ...

also the 'amber' album by Autechre (their best one , isn't realy chill but it's very good)

... hmmm , also try Banco De Gaia... (i dunno what label but try the album 'big men cry' and 'magical sounds of ...' )

the one i mentioned aren't realy in the boards of canada style but they are all masterpieces... enjoy

Artists on a similar but different tip ...

Plaid,

Global Communication,

Biosphere,

Artists on a similar but different tip ...

Plaid,

Global Communication,

Biosphere,

Unfortunately, there's no one else that I've discovered with that BOC sound. Later Biosphere (Substrata and Cirque) has the mood but not the beat. Lots of acts have the beat, but not the mood. Plaid, like Bomble says, is relatively close, but still a ways off. Try their new one, Double Figure. And, of course, look out for the new BOC album in mid-February. Also, if you haven't done so, pick up the latest EP called A Beautiful Place out in the Country - 4 very beautiful tracks. :) EA