Jump to content

Plusminus

Members
  • Posts

    194
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    9

Everything posted by Plusminus

  1. I don’t know who stole from whom 😄 One track feels like a remix of the other. The melody is copied note for note. I like the Arcana project’s version more. It’s simpler, but at the same time it’s more gripping. Sometimes simplicity is not a bad thing at all. Arcana - Orion (1995) The Infinity Project featuring Man With No Name — Alien Airport (1995)
  2. To my ears, the second track seems to be built from the first one. No, it’s not plagiarism — rather a source of inspiration, a reference. The track from Van Basten — 1993 (?), released in 1995. The track from Talamasca — 1998 (?), released in 2000. Van Basten - King of the death posture (Attack version) Talamasca ( Feat.Nomad) - The Hunted Becomes The Hunter
  3. Stealing from yourself isn’t really stealing 🙂 U2 - Lemon (The Perfecto Mix) (1994). The melody starts at 00:55 Grace - Orange (Original Perfecto Mix) (1995). The melody starts at 01:28 Grace - Skin on Skin (Man With No Name Remix) (1995). The melody starts at 01:40 Virus - Moon (Jam El Mar Mix) (1997). The melody starts at 06:51
  4. I’m continuing to collect tracks with a vibe similar to the legendary Spiritual Healing. The list has just been expanded with another track. A small list of well-known tracks that share a similar mood and melodic feel with the legendary The Muses Rapt — Spiritual Healing (1997): Terra Ferma — The Scream (1996) Future Prophecy — Sunrise (1998) Yahel — Intelligent Life (2000) Fractal — Them (1999) — also known as Fractal Glider — Acid Kill New Born — Trip of the Luna King (2007) Mindsphere — Source Of Emotions (2025)
  5. 2Penzoline: I once had a similar shock to what you’re describing when I first heard Daishonin by Amanite FX (1997). The sound is basically the same as Liquid Flow — almost identical. But it was made ten years earlier. I’m not talking about copying a melody here, only about the sound design and the clear similarity in energy and overall style. Liquid Flow - Artificial Paradise (2007) I’ve always felt that M‑Run took a lot from Joti Sidhu (Psychaos). The similarity to Ololiuqui honestly never crossed my mind, simply because that project is much less well-known. Here’s a random M-Run track as an example. To me, the resemblance to Psychaos is there — but I’m not insisting on it.
  6. Symbiote - ...Tiara (2014) Written at 1999 (?) | A 21:21-minute track that flows and evolves throughout its entire duration — and it’s not slow either. Exactly my kind of thing. Highly recommended!
  7. I really love S.U.N. Project – Energia Magica. One of the best tracks by S.U.N. Project. Only Space Dwarf is better. Source of Emotion is just one of many — for me it’s too long. Overkill. Discogs says that Psygone, Solar Plexus, and Bypass Unit are all different artists, namely: Psygone = Michael Kjeldgaard Bypass Unit = René Abildgaard Jensen Solar Plexus = Jacob Andersen But! All of them are from Denmark, all released on Hypnotic, all sound very similar — and all around the same time, give or take a year. So… how do you like that conspiracy theory? 😄 Bypass Unit — Zenia (Fat Freddy Mix 97) Solar Plexus — Crystal Forest (1998) Psygone — Sugar Rush (Blue Pearl Mashup) (2000)
  8. Just now I was about to post this track on the forum in the thread about the longest tracks. What a coincidence! 😄 21:33 S.U.N. Project – Energia Magica I also listened to it only yesterday — independently of the recommendations on Psynews. For the first time in a long while.
  9. The Prodigy and Goa trance? Yes! You can argue that it’s not Goa trance, but Goa DJs constantly play this track in their sets. And Empirion’s work is often associated with Goa trance as well — not all of it, but some of it. The Prodigy — Firestarter (Empirion Mix) (1996)
  10. Recently, Elysium was mentioned here, along with the claim that he doesn’t have any strong original tracks — only remixes — and that his own productions are more tribal in style and rather mediocre. Personally, I really like this track of his. It’s not tribal at all — it’s a classic Goa floater. Elysium — Atmosphere (1996). It’s little known because it was never released on any albums. It only appeared on the VA compilation Infinite Excursions (Softer Psychedelic Sounds).
  11. I’m about to dig up a real rarity 🙂 Trilithon – One World One Future. This track has a very beautiful melodic foundation and, at first glance, should be widely known — but it isn’t. It was released only once, on the compilation Psychedelic Vibes 6 (1999), and that release featured a 6:56 version. I don’t have confirmed information, but my understanding is that this track was released only once and has never been reissued, possibly due to copyright issues. I suspect that even dedicated Goa trance fans have never heard the 13-minute version of this track. Even fewer people know that it is actually a remix of a beautiful Persian melody. You can find the original posted at the very bottom.
  12. Sundog — Touch The Sun (1996)
  13. Laughing Skull feat. Rimojeki — Burn The Witch (2024) This is a true fusion of metal and Goa trance — with vocals.
  14. Radish6404: You’re quite the grudge-holder 😄 On this forum, there’s a thread documenting your debate with Elysium. As for high-quality tracks — Elysium has tons of them. Just to avoid sounding unfounded: for example, Elysium – Trancelestial Psychobabas has almost 700,000 views on YouTube. And many of his other tracks would probably have similar numbers if Elysium himself didn’t keep taking down unauthorized uploads — it’s kind of his thing 😄 As for his personal qualities and political views, I won’t comment on those. But his music is excellent. That includes his projects Sheyba and Kaaya as well — for example, Sheyba – Ganesh has around 400,000 views on YouTube.
  15. Even Fractal Glider has his own Spiritual Healing. A unique 8-minute track that radically changes its melody at around 04:09 (I love that kind of thing). For the first four minutes it’s this driving acid trance, and then at 04:09 — bam — the track turns into a perfect floater and a clearly recognizable Spiritual Healing. Fractal – Them (1999) https://youtube.com/watch?v=IY9-6lDyMdY
  16. Shiva Chandra - Electron Seeds (1996)
  17. I’m not very knowledgeable about the genre — I think it’s offbeat prog, with a very beautiful lead melody. I came across it completely by accident. Mahaux - Litha (2020) Radish6404, thanx for SFX - Communication track.
  18. Laughing Skull - Extraterrestrial Lover (2025) | Goatrance Laughing Skull - ACID IS EVERYWHERE (2013) | Goatrance | best track from Laughing Skull, IMHO
  19. Yan - Free File (1996)
  20. Indikator - Electroplasm (2001)
  21. Morphonic - Tropic (1997)
  22. Sorma No. 2 - Gammabow (2001)
  23. There’s a video on YouTube titled Muses Rapt – Spiritual Healing (Yahel Remix). Guess what’s actually there? That’s right: it’s just Yahel – Intelligent Life. And here’s another one with the same title: Muses Rapt – Spiritual Healing (Yahel Remix) — but the track is actually The Muses Rapt – Spiritual Healing (DJ Jörg & DJ Domi Remix). (1998) By the way, I highly recommend this version if you haven’t heard it yet.
  24. Looks like every musician wants to make their own version of Spiritual Healing sooner or later. Anyway, check out New Born – Trip of the Luna King (2007). One and a half million views on YouTube — that’s no joke. I’m totally in love with this track, even though I only discovered it a few months ago. Gotta thank the YouTube algorithm for that.
  25. Yahel has his own version of Spiritual Healing. I don’t know whether he paid Juan Verdera for it or not, but it sounds very close. When you listen to Intelligent Life, the melody of Spiritual Healing immediately comes to mind. Yahel - Intelligent Life (2000)
×
×
  • Create New...