EM/Ambient/Psy-mix

Bahamut

A short mix and a sort of experiment to mix different styles of electronic music.

I posted it some weeks ago in another thread and I noticed it's still on megaupload... only a few downloads yet, so why not give it another try:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2B4D5EPO (53MB / 38:05)

Tracklist :

1. Steve Roach - Arrival

2. Mike Andrews - Above the Stars

3. Pete Namlook - Je Suis Triste et Seul Ici

4. Vidna Obmana - The Ominous Dwelling

5. Michael Stearns - Dimensional Shift

6. Paul Ellis - Shining

7. Laughing Buddha - Karma

8. MFG - Process Irreversible (The Passenger remix)

9. Redshift - Mania (this one is a bit too much timestretched :0)

Just enjoy and tell me what you think =D

Hehe... I didn't see Laughing Buddha and MFG coming because I didn't read the tracklist... they are great great tunes but maybe didn't fit in this mix. Anyway... really lovely analog soundscapes in the ambient tracks... liked them a lot... thanks!

listening to it right now while still downloading...

I can safely say that I like the beginning (and especially the second song) of this a lot better than that of your first mix ... this one is very nice, the other one was a bit too dark and strange for me for the first quarter of an hour...

hehe, such a mix is just what I need at this nightly hour ... I think I'm going to light some incense sticks :)

Wow ... I'm through.

It's a very good mix!

Hehe... I didn't see Laughing Buddha and MFG coming because I didn't read the tracklist... they are great great tunes but maybe didn't fit in this mix. Anyway... really lovely analog soundscapes in the ambient tracks... liked them a lot... thanks!

385159[/snapback]

I actually found the psy tracks really fitting ... they are really well fusioned together with the ambient part ... it doesn't begin "whoosh", the listener is very gently and slowly introduced. Nice! If I wouldn't have known that psy was to come I would not have expected it until to the last tension point. That shows how many faces the actual ambient can have!

Very good mix :)

Good night...

Two words is hardly a good critic. :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks so much for this mix, it shows you have great taste - the mix also flows very well, the psy tracks fit perfectly. I was wanting to get into Steve Roach but I wasn't quite sure, but on hearing Arrival, I wasn't in any doubt about ordering Empetus. Thanks again! :D