"Opening Up" Progressive Set by DJ Krell(Electrobe

Krell

I have recently recorded this very deep & atmospheric progressive set. It is based on a set played this summer at moesgaard beach during the morning hours after a faster progressive psy set, and before a chillout set. (its mainly supposed to be played as the last trancy set during the daytime/warm hours).

Im quite happy with the way it turned out, even though the very last beatmix is off slightly (forgive me).

Featured artists include Sub 6, Fitalic, Dousk, Miniloque, Luke Chable, David West, Atmotech + many more.

17 tracks in all. There wont be a track list for this one, the flow is a surprise, which I find very important in a DJ set. If you are truely interested in the experience itself, you will understand this.

Any comments are welcome.

Download - http://www.doei.org/misc/DJ_Krell_-_Openin...09-05_-_VBR.mp3

Quality - 160/192kbit/s VBR.

File size - 140Mb

Length - 122minutes

Gear - 1 Vestax PMC270a, 2 Pioneer CDJ100s, No Monitors / Headphones only.

Quick Facts about DJ Krell.

DJ since - 1994/95 (Club Nod)

Genres - Full On, Dark Psy, Progressive House/Trance, Chillout & Old School Goa Trance.

Age - 27 years old.

17 tracks in all. There wont be a track list for this one, the flow is a surprise, which I find very important in a DJ set. If you are truely interested in the experience itself, you will understand this.

335172[/snapback]

Dare I say... bullshit!? why don't give the tracklist if you want to promote yourself?

Or do you spin unreleased stuff you haven't got from the artist itself :ph34r:

Dare I say... bullshit!? why don't give the tracklist if you want to promote yourself?

Or do you spin unreleased stuff you haven't got from the artist itself  :ph34r:

335267[/snapback]

Like I wrote. I dont want to reveal the flow, if you are not happy about that - its ok with me. Im not forcing you to listen to the set, neither do I think you have to give me grief about it.

Best Wishes

Krell

People, this really deserves a good listen. Being a friend of him, I might be biased, but I'm very honest when I say he's one of the best psytrance/progressive DJ's in Denmark. He's been a huge inspiration in the beginning of my "career", and this mix with deep, atmospheric, dreamy tunes just underlines his huge talent in mixing, track selection and general feeling of flow in a set.

A highly recommended download!

krell,

thx for the mix !!!

I've listend to it once and I must say not bad, not bad at all. The only remark I have is the mixing. You should try to mix longer, get some personality in your mixes, create your own flow. Don't just play track after track especially not with this kind of music. Longer mixing = more music .....

Maybe I'm wrong and there is more going than I can hear. Don't know any of this tracks in that case I must give you major credits and you can ignore my advise which is a matter of taste anyway ....

take care,

your doing good !!

L.

krell,

thx for the mix !!!

I've listend to it once and I must say not bad, not bad at all. The only remark I have is the mixing. You should try to mix longer, get some personality in your mixes, create your own flow. Don't just play track after track especially not with this kind of music. Longer mixing = more music .....

Maybe I'm wrong and there is more going than I can hear. Don't know any of this tracks in that case I must give you major credits and you can ignore my advise which is a matter of taste anyway ....

take care,

your doing good !!

L.

335934[/snapback]

The mixes are on average 2 minuttes long :-) 1 minute is 64 beats aprox :-) There is a lot of EQing going on, since else the tracks would create dissonans (wrong, sick sounds).

Because of the EQing, the mixes themselves becomes less noticable - The tracks I use in the set dont actually fit togther if you run them in sync not using EQ on top of each other. . (its much easier with purely tribal house, or techie stuff:-)

Therefore it can be difficult to hear the beginning of the mixes, since I start with bringing in hihats first, and the mids (slowly). Bass Line I usually first introdeuce with around the last 64beats of the mix. In my eyes, the only thing that it does is show Im mixing, so I wait with that :-)

If the sound is more techie, that is, not so much atmosphere - its easier, since I can pitch bend more freely then + wont have to worry that much about dissonans :-) However, the set went in between very soft progressive psy and chillout, and I wanted very atmospheric tracks thruout the set, chosen for flow first, and mixability last :-)

Thanks for the comments :-)

Best Wishes

Krell

like I said I don't know any of the tracks, but I can hear the short transition from time to time,....

since you said your mix contains 17 tracks I assume you don't mix long but your tracks must be extraordinary long (9 mins) if there only fit 17 tracks in 2 hours,... I usualy play 25 track/2h with mixes from 2 mins and longer,.... (are you sure you're using the metric system, 1 min = 64 beats => you play at 64bpm :blink: )

your mixing is quiet good but I'm just a wee bit confused about the tracklist, maybe you could post it,....

kind regards :)

Lepton

like I said I don't know any of the tracks, but I can hear the short transition from time to time,....

since you said your mix contains 17 tracks I assume you don't mix long but your tracks must be extraordinary long (9 mins) if there only fit 17 tracks in 2 hours,... I usualy play 25 track/2h  with mixes from  2 mins and longer,....  (are you sure you're using the metric system, 1 min = 64 beats => you play at 64bpm :blink: )

your mixing is quiet good but I'm just a wee bit confused about the tracklist, maybe you could post it,....

kind regards  :)

Lepton

336423[/snapback]

Sorry, I meant, 64 beats = ½ minutte aprox :-)

Yeah, some of the tracks are very long - Like 12 minuttes actually. Others are shorter, the shortest one is 5-6 minuttes long.

I actually tried making some mixes longer earlier, but, I didnt really like the transition, from track to track that came along with it. I love most of the tracks in this set so much, I have a hard time to cutting them to pieces :-)

However - Structurally, many of them sound better this way... I mean, I would have to let out elements of the tracks. When I mix, I try to use all of the outro of the track Im leaving - So, I could mix earlier in the tracks, but then I would need to cut out elements of the tracks since they do not fit together that well (I try to have fit so elements which stop ind 1 track, get replaced by similar elements in the next track) :-)

All of the tracks in the set are released.

Have you got any mixes/setsonline I can take a listen to ? I would love to hear.

Best wishes

Krell

well Kell,

12 minutes tracks explains a lot :) You obviously know what you are doing,....

I only have two mixes online, both of them are quiet old....

first one is really cheezy hence the name,... I'm not into this kind of music but just got my 3rd cd player and wanted to do something with it. I 'm still a rookie, at that time I was playing for 2 years (started mid 2002).

Second one is my style, I still enjoy the mix althoug it's not that up to date anymore,...

Feel free to give me advise, I still got much to learn

**dikke plakken kaas (big slices of cheese) **

-mixed with 3 decks

-june 2004

-78 min

1) astral projection : axis 0.99 (why not)

2) altöm : not from concentrate (neurobiotics)

3) tristan vs the electic ant : six straight days (nano)

4) protoculture : new directions (nano)

5) silicon sound : electro body music (neurobiotics)

6) hujaboy : tribal mood (hommega)

7) man with no name : visit the moon (dragon fly)

8) protoculture : avalon (nano)

9) altöm : hologram (neurobiotics)

10)zorba : barkass (spun)

11)astrix (jaïa rmx) (illegal mp3)

12)cyan : electro texture (nano)

13)altöm : wonderfull (3d vision)

14)commercial hippies : not human (nano)

15)sub 6 ft michelle adamson (psysex rmx) ra hé'ya (hommega)

16)hujaboy - modufications (hommega)

17)psydrop - zone x (phonokol)

18)logic bomb - extension (spiral trax)

19)yahel- for the people (sst)

bonus tracks :

etnica (fractal glider rmx) (boom)

jirah : outer access (usta)

http://66.135.37.73/psyvideo.com/~dj/Lepto...plakkenkaas.mp3

***Psylobotomy part II ***

-keep in mind that this is part II of a 4 hours set so it begins and ends quiet suddenly.

-14/11/2004

-73 min

-256kbps

*tracklist*

1-mandalavandalz : do u read me (chapora nightlife)

2-texas faggott : lazerlove (pilluminati cunt roll)

3-the misted muppets : might and magic (from the legend)

4-psychotic micro : via del dolor (psycho cell)

5-derango : boomorgon

6-psyside : pandora's box (there is no tomorrow)

7-seroxat : witching hour (life)

8-shrink : planet -x (ketuh)

9-vectorselector : bbbam

10-derango : rasakula

11-hux flux : bring your own bios (folded view)

12-seroxat : the end of the world (psycho cell)

13-parasense : arizona dream (parasense)

14-eraser vs yöjalka : mutual ritual (round one)

15-psyside : cybernetic hunter (night 24 hours)

Enjoy !!

http://66.135.37.73/psyvideo.com/~dj/Lepto...tomy-partII.mp3

well Kell,

12 minutes tracks explains a lot  :)  You obviously know what you are doing,....

I only have two mixes online, both of them are quiet old....

first one is really cheezy hence the name,... I'm not into this kind of music but just got my 3rd cd player and wanted to do something with it. I 'm still a rookie, at that time I was playing for 2 years (started mid 2002).

Second one is my style, I still enjoy the mix althoug it's not that up to date anymore,...

Feel free to give me advise, I still got much to learn

**dikke plakken kaas (big slices of cheese) **

-mixed with 3 decks

-june 2004

-78 min

1) astral projection : axis 0.99 (why not)

2) altöm : not from concentrate (neurobiotics)

3) tristan vs the electic ant : six straight days (nano)

4) protoculture : new directions (nano)

5) silicon sound : electro body music (neurobiotics)

6) hujaboy : tribal mood (hommega)

7) man with no name : visit the moon (dragon fly)

8) protoculture : avalon (nano)

9) altöm : hologram (neurobiotics)

10)zorba : barkass (spun)

11)astrix (jaïa rmx) (illegal mp3)

12)cyan : electro texture (nano)

13)altöm : wonderfull (3d vision)

14)commercial hippies : not human (nano)

15)sub 6 ft michelle adamson (psysex rmx) ra hé'ya (hommega)

16)hujaboy - modufications (hommega)

17)psydrop - zone x (phonokol)

18)logic bomb - extension (spiral trax)

19)yahel- for the people (sst)

bonus tracks :

etnica (fractal glider rmx) (boom)

jirah : outer access (usta)

http://66.135.37.73/psyvideo.com/~dj/Lepto...plakkenkaas.mp3

***Psylobotomy part II ***

-keep in mind that this is part II of a 4 hours set so it begins and ends quiet suddenly.

-14/11/2004

-73 min

-256kbps

*tracklist*

1-mandalavandalz : do u read me (chapora nightlife)

2-texas faggott : lazerlove (pilluminati cunt roll)

3-the misted muppets : might and magic (from the legend)

4-psychotic micro : via del dolor (psycho cell)

5-derango : boomorgon

6-psyside : pandora's box (there is no tomorrow)

7-seroxat : witching hour (life)

8-shrink : planet -x (ketuh)

9-vectorselector : bbbam

10-derango : rasakula

11-hux flux : bring your own bios (folded view)

12-seroxat : the end of the world (psycho cell)

13-parasense : arizona dream (parasense)

14-eraser vs yöjalka : mutual ritual (round one)

15-psyside : cybernetic hunter (night 24 hours)

Enjoy !!

http://66.135.37.73/psyvideo.com/~dj/Lepto...tomy-partII.mp3

336694[/snapback]

I look forward to listening to them :-) Fun to see some Texas Faggot there hehe.

Actually, I do not mind cheesy full on music - I mean, if cheesy means soft and melodic its not a problem for me. Sometimes I think dark psy is the cheesiest of all, since its so pretentious (dark killah evil motherfucka music)..

In the end, its all just music - and it can require more courage of a person to open up to soft music, than just listen to the electronic counter part to black metal :-)

Good cheese and bad cheese.

:-)

@Lepton

I got to hear your 2 sets yesterday.

First one was too climatic, but still nice cheesy music.. :-)

The last one "***Psylobotomy part II ***" which you say is your style I like a lot more, both the mixing style, flow and the music. I found the mixing style to be very engaging, and I loved the use of the good old "Bring your Own Bios" Classic :-)

In the beginning I was a bit startled by the psychedelia, perhaps because I had just eaten some mushroooms - but after 2 tracks I got very taken with the sound.

My expections were for a darker sound, but the set is in my eyes not dark, but more just truely psychedelic, which was a pleasant surprise :-)

If something, by defintion, was to be called "psytrance", then for me, this is it :-) pr0fane and I had a lot of fun listening to it :-)

If you make more, I will surely want to download them :-) Interesting experience:-)

Best Wishes

Krell

thx for your comments !!

It is indeed not that dark, I don't really like all the death murder kill music, most of it is boring. I prefer wicked above dark,....

339531[/snapback]

and when he says wicked :huh:;)

• 1 month later...

Thanks to www.mixupload.com you can now also stream this mix/set.

For streaming, go here.: http://www.mixupload.com/index.php?act=mli...ysong&s_id=2195

Also, I have decided to post the tracklist now as well, which I am sure will please a lot of people.

Simply didnt feel right to have a set online, with music made by these brilliant artists without being able to credit them all & their labels as they deserve. So, I can argue with anyone whether to share the tracklist, but I lost the argument with myself in the end you could say :-)

Tracklist

01 John Con Vs Nikola Gala "Swing 2 Harmony(Matthew Dekay Mix)" DK Records

02 Blue Soul "Another Day" Klik Records

03 Espen & Stian "Dominating Male" Vapour Recordings

04 Fitalic "Thought(Atmotech Remix)" Sprout

05 Clubbervision "First Experience" Noctambula Records

06 Jerry Bonham "Seventh Seal (Tweaked Line Mix)" Saw Recordings

07 Dousk "Lovelasting" Blaq Valve Recordings

08 Sub6 "7th Son(Fitalic Remix)" VP Records

09 Tilt "Twelve(Dousk Mix)" Lost Language

10 Greed Feat Lesley "I see you(Miniloque Remix)" SOG Records

11 A. Matsumoto and DJ Yoshi "Dreamer(Luke Chable Remix)" Precinct Records

12 Alexander Kowalski "Belo Horizonte(Album Mix)" Kanzleramt

13 Inkfish vs Martin H "Eye am(David West Mix)" Baroque Records

14 Sultan Feat. Stephanie Vezina "Shivers(Mannel Mix)" Shinichi Recordings

15 Dekay vs Proluctors "Bad" Dekay Records

16 Heiko Laux "Diminuendo" Kanzleramt

17 The Greek Feat Stephanie Vezina "G Pal Strings of Life Mix" Shinichi Recordings

Enjoy :-)