do you think astrix....

dee#2

I don't know if he is overrated or not. I like his album and some of the tracks he released on several compilations. He has some talent for sure, but his psytrance is not the most original or the most inovative. But as much as I know he is still quite young, so there will be enough time to develop.

well, he's got talent.. :rolleyes: i think ido, tamir and eyal had too much influence on the eye to eye album though. Only three tracks made by astrix on his own does not qualify as an artist album, it should have been a compilation, hehe ;)

wonder how the artcore album will be like though... if it's too much "coolio" trance then i will be dissapointed :unsure: anyway, the chillout track rhythmos he made with lior miller on global psychedelic chill out compilation 4 is pretty good imo. and the more ambient track freestyle cafe is also pretty cool. would like to hear more of this stuff :D

I agree but astrix was just one of the first with that typical powerfull fullon...

and everybody respects that... I believe :rolleyes:

197246[/snapback]

Not really true. There were many before him. Basically most Full On artists that have seen the light these days are all clones of older Astral Projection and MFG and not to forget GMS.

I fail to see anything new in almost all the Full ON acts. Maybe it's because I have heard it all since 1994. Many newcommers seem to believe that it's a new and revolutionary sound... It's really not that new and revolutionary. Just take Infected. People praise them for their unique sound... What unique sound? They make music thats sound extemely close to Astral, MFG, GMS and acid lines as good old Green Nun Of The Revolution made it. Where's the news in that?

If people bothered to go a little back in our scenens history they would discover that most of todays music is a repetition of older bands just wrapped in a better sound blanket. But because there are so many untalented wannabe Bedroom "producers" the majority of the music only fit the trashcan and make the older music seem much more creative and interesting.

Well, I have at least 500 cds from 94-99 so I think I have a clear view on the "old school" and modern full on, and there truly is a difference imo...

for me there are 4 big differences:

-the bassline (that's the most obvious difference, is always the same)

-the layers (modern full on acts only use 1 melodic layer... Mfg used 5!! (check we are the machines etc)

-the climaxes (you can always EXACTLY say when a climax will come in modern full on, mostly they have a FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIw sound on it to make it even MORE clearly, in older full on they surprised you a lot)

-the same sounds are copied exactly all the time! The high hats like GMS and the "fart sounds" like Alien Project

But about Astrix, he knows the formula 100% and when you hear his tracks the first time on a party the party goes nuts, but when you listen to them at home... Well... Skipp...

I even like his old nitzho tracks more than his modern full on tracks...

..Basically most Full On artists that have seen the light these days are all clones of older Astral Projection and MFG and not to forget GMS...

yeah, and MFG was a clone of AP so what's up? :blink: They fell in love with their style and copied it, just a bit more progressive imo... B) copy, paste.. we've all done it one way or another. :rolleyes:

yes overrated..

his music is not original...always same tracks.

Of course it's not a joke as Alien Project music but..from my point of view, nothing special with Astrix

I fail to see anything new in almost all the Full ON acts. Maybe it's because I have heard it all since 1994.  Many newcommers seem to believe that it's a new and revolutionary sound... It's really not that new and revolutionary. Just take Infected.  People praise them for their unique sound... What unique sound?  They make music thats sound extemely close to Astral, MFG, GMS and acid lines as good old Green Nun Of The Revolution made it.  Where's the news in that?

197285[/snapback]

I don't agree sorry ;) ... more feeling like anoebis does... there are specifiek typical elements present in the new movement concept fullon '2003 - 2004' started with astrix, dynamic, melicia...

perfectly what anoebis just discribed...

for me there are 4 big differences:

-the bassline (that's the most obvious difference, is always the same)

-the layers (modern full on acts only use 1 melodic layer... Mfg used 5!! (check we are the machines etc)

-the climaxes (you can always EXACTLY say when a climax will come in modern full on, mostly they have a FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIw sound on it to make it even MORE clearly, in older full on they surprised you a lot)

-the same sounds are copied exactly all the time! The high hats like GMS and the "fart sounds" like Alien Project

whatever they are al clones... it is still the concept goa... and the differences aren't maybe hughes but that's just because it is the same style of music...and that is what goa is all about... DETAIL... little psy differences... ready to discover...

Goatrance 1998 is my starting and favourite year and I really don't see any similar with infected mushroom and the green nuns of revolution :P ... If you do you can say of every artist that they are the same... but that is what you are saying in one way... so no problem... still respecting your opinion... just feeling a little bit different :)