07 - Rgyud (11:34)
08 - Ya-O-Yorozu No Kami (10:52)
09 - Yggdrassil Ormurholur (10:06)
10 - Matryoshka Fraktali (8:01)
11 - M (7:24)
12 - La Nausee (10:06)
13 - Yarindin (25:27)
14 - Comhbhailigh Eigrioch (20:35)

Through the distant fields of the universe, unknown spectrums of ever-increasing intensity and roaring chaos coexist with a single thought, an idea containing different perspectives across multiple dimensions. This vision contains a soundscape of strange, mystic terrors crashing into stars, engulfing matter, and erupting into something our world has never seen before. Some call it insanity. Others call it brilliance. Whatever the case, its unique, a legend beckoning everything and everyone to fall into its welcoming grasp. This is Ubikvad Omniheita.

Ubikvad Omniheita is a very advanced, Psytrance album that takes any listener on an epic, three hour journey through unconventional and extremley original sounds and beat patterns. There is simply no way anyone can expect what comes next. Using over two hundred different electronically programmed instruments, psychedelic artist Spruce takes us on an absolutely engulfing experience through his mind. Distant melodies, chitter chatter of crowds, and in-your-face euphoric and heavy bass lines are scattered amongst the perfectly pieced together tracks, all put together into one brilliant masterpiece.

In David Falao Gjølstad's last album, "Origin," we were introduced to a new, very strange style. People compared it to the works of Psychovsky, but noticed the music developed into something completely different. People loved it, earning the album a 95% rating on Ektoplazm, a critically announced psychedelic community offering hundreds of different albums spanning across 20+ psychedelic genres in the current eastern electronic music movement. Even though his previous release was awe-inspiring to producers everywhere, he somehow managed to create, yet again, something even better.

Brain screwing layers of interesting percussion soundscape buildups, intense movements of growing and developing synths mixed with beautifully composed pads, voice samples of strange creatures chatting amongst each other in the distance, quirky lows and highs shooting off into every direction against a wicked drum evolution, and enveloping communities of highly mastered and thought out art are splattered onto a wonderfully done canvas, crafting together the very passions expressed by Spruce. Tribal, dark, vicious, strange, beautiful, harmonic, chaotic, progressive, unexpected, heavy, light, engulfing, relaxing, atmospheric, exotic, addictive, and epic are only a few words that come to mind when I take a listen to this incredible collection of professional done journeys.

It is impossible for me to talk about every song in here. There are multiple intros in each song, building up different vibes and moods that can either collapse randomly and move onto something else or melodically adjust into an organized structure. Then, all of a sudden, sound without definition erupts from the darkness and obliterates your prediction on what you think is going to happen. You will be surprised and delighted at every turn. Even as a sound programmer, there are times when I have no idea what the hell is going on… and I fucking love it. If you want to start off with a sample, listen to the track "Rgyud" (11:34). It has a bunch of stuff in it. Orchestration, ambience, heavy dark bass, light and beautiful pads, exotic arps and oscillations, and much, much more is presented in there. I mean my God, I can not understand how anyone can come up with this. It is truly is ingenious. The next track, "Ya-O-Yorozu No Kame" has a more recognizable soundset, nesting in a steady danceable pace. It makes my body move and my head think. Even with a more conventional progression, this track still offers an undefined genre. Is it Trance? Is it Darkpsy? Is it Bluegrass? I don't know. All I know is that this guy has made some really fantastic tunes. As a DJ, I am going to enjoy giving the crowd a surprise with this one. Oh yeah, and the outros and transitions your going to hear from each track will blow you away.

It takes a lot of time and effort to really appreciate this album. There is so much to explore. So much to understand. So much to experience. I can not fully express just how incredible I feel this album is. I am taken on a roller coaster of emotions, feeling happy, scared, sad, and eager all at the same time. All in all, its feels amazing. There is no way I can really express everything in this album. You have to listen to it for your self. An ingenious composition awaits, go out there and download it. I recommend listening to one song a time, taking it all in and breathing a bit before moving on. This is not for the faint hearted. Listen responsibly, the frequencies in the FLAC format are everywhere, and you can hurt your ears if you listen to it all in one sitting. Get ready to hear things you have never heard before. Your brain may not know how to take it. Enjoy, and feel the music.

10/10

Download here on Bandcamp

(MP3, FLAC, WAV)

- Review by FatKidWitaJetPak (Nick Sumbles)

- Special Thank to Bandcamp for the download bandwidth.

• 1 month later...

Nice review dude !
I've taken a listen at 1 or 2 track from the album...All I can say is that it look very interesting ! I don't know how to define it, I think you picked up the two best genre in order to describe it : Dark Psytrance & Experimental.

Darkpsy is not my favourite gender but Im surely gonna hear some more about this album ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how to describe this album but I love it. Really unique and tons of great sounds/ideas. Each track has more variation than an entire psytrance album typically has. It has a great mix of trippy sounds and interesting melodies too, the perfect amount of each.

If I had to compare to any other album I'd say Fragletrollet - Playground of Spirit (another album I love) is probably the most similar. They must be putting something in the water up there in Norway :) I think this might even take it to another level beyond that though.