divine moments of truth ??

i think this question is asked more than once but still i like to ask it:

what is that weird speak in the start of this track and what that means. If anyone knows anything of that i'd be glad to know it too. Is the voice maybe somehow looped??

shpongle rules

I think it's somebody IMMITATING something being played in reverse. I'll export the track to soundforge and reverse it - then I'll get back to you and let you know if it's actually WORDS in reverse, or just blabber :)

He's been know to do lots of both ;-)

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

howbout at 6:40 where it starts playing FRACTIONS of words, peiced together into a rant..... part of it sounds like "I am so i am so i am so i am fu-fucked" but theres a whole bunch I can't hear well kuz those "ay! uh!" guys start in :)

Guest bugbread

Doh!! For some reason my post got erased!!

Anyway, from the little Chinese I know I can tell you that it is Chinese (sounds Mandarin or Taiwanese, not Cantonese/Shanghai/etc.). Unfortunately, I can't tell you what a single actual word is.

The second half, by the way, is in reverse.

• 20 years later...
On 2/7/2002 at 9:22 PM, Guest bugbread said:

Doh!! For some reason my post got erased!!

Anyway, from the little Chinese I know I can tell you that it is Chinese (sounds Mandarin or Taiwanese, not Cantonese/Shanghai/etc.). Unfortunately, I can't tell you what a single actual word is.

The second half, by the way, is in reverse.

This is definitely Mandarin Chinese, but it's very hard to understand because of the sound effects. At first I thought it may be some type of Chinese poem because the words are written in a similar style, but I am not aware of this poem if it is. So this is my best translation.

Starting at 30 seconds in...

烟斗抽光 - yāndǒu chōu guāng

Pipe take in light

冷话瓶 - lěnghuā píng ( This one was hard to translate)

Harsh words bottle/bitter bottle/ironic bottle

一月上午 - yīyuè shāngwǔ

January morning