God is God

Guest mE

God is god - Juno Reactor

is a really unique track... as all JR is, i love the arabic sounds

I NEED ARABIC TRANCE!!!!!

ANY GENRE actually... not only trance... Ambient too!

I don't care if it's psy clubby euro scando uh whatever. Just Need ARABIC stuff!! So if you know of any track/ARTIST ;)

Arabic sounds are very very very very cooooooooooool I like muslims! their amazing... style oahhhhahhh WOW what a track. don't understand the sample "God is god" though.. oh well. If i had the resourses i'd only listen to arabic influenced stuff. And I love arabic food too!!! @!#$! Belly dancers are fun too! HEAHH!H

lol

Anyway suggestions?

Source suggestions?

THANKYOU!!!!

Guest Magic Goblin

Yeah.. "God is God" is really great! One of my favourite ethnic/ambient track, with "Song for ancestors" by Juno Reactor...

Yesterday, i downloaded by chance "Rootsman meets the Gab! - Dub Oriental"... You must try it ;-)

Try out the ambient track from Makyo : Natasha... I think the women is singing Arabic... and it's a beautiful voice btw.

and try out the rest of the album to... YAKSHINI... you'll like it! :)

oh... and Shpnongle : Around the World in a Tea Daze... The Muslim man is singing Arabic... (my favorite on 'Tales of the...' together with 'A new way to say Hooray!')

Guest Avneesh

wouldn't you love to be in my position..i live in egypt

whats unique about arab music (classical arab music that is..however classical arab music has also influenced contemporary arab pop) is the use of jarring quartertones..either u like it ur u don't

Guest Mescalinium

I saw someone above recomend the Makyo track "Natascha", which is funny, b/c the woman singing on that song (Natascha Atlas) is the same one who sings on "God is God." Good call!!!

Guest Avneesh

of course sudhir nothing can beat our indian music..with such wide variety , including indian classical(we have two distinct forms of indian classical music..each one more complex than western classical music), indian folk (which differs drastically depending on which area in india ur in), and indian pop music/bollywood music..theres simply a plethora of good stuff to choose from

"indian music is much better" (?)

irrelevant...

so what if you like indian music "better"

i think lemonade is better... 101

it's too bad that if your pro indian that you have to hate muslims. And visa versa... it's great.

@!#$ your right that cosma track rules... to bad no arabic melodies though.... :(

i really need to buy that album and support the artist.. thats one of the best ~minimal(ish) albums

hey Avneesh, could you reccomend me some good arabic stuff (classicsal) i'd really like to get more familiar with this style. I assume pop stuff isn't very good BUT if it IS by all means tell me.. perhaps the commoners have a better taste there :)

My first exposure to arabic stuff was from the movie 5th element. I think when they are in the taxi it plays that unique sounding music.... from then on I always had a subconsious yearning for the sounds...

mE, you've gotta hear some Transglobal

Underground/Natacha Atlas. Heavily middle

eastern (well, Natacha is pure middle eastern)

and just great. Albums; Dream of 100 Nations,

International Times, Diaspora, Psychic Karaoke,

Rejoice Rejoice, Halim, Gedida... nuff said.

Guest Avneesh

mE i would recommend some classical stuff but whats with the comment about being pro indian and hating muslims?? We have the 2nd largest population of muslims in the world after Indonesia and Bangladesh..that means there are 120 million muslims in india who are pro indian but i'm assuming they don't hate themselves! And btw i hope no one here confuses arab with muslim --there are al ot of christian arabs (just go to lebanon!) around.

anyways to the point..i'll check out some stuff and let you know

India and pakistan ready to duke it out.... or should I say Nuke it out. They hate eachother.... It's no secret that muslims and hindus don't get along... thats the reason i added that.... I usually associate arabic people wish muslim religion... my own ignorence.

Anyway I found a guy i really like so far, he is the guy featured in the 5th element movie his name is

Khaled

And i think i love some of his music

Natascha Atlas has a good voice, and her music's good to, but for me it's Arabic POPmusic...

If you are looking for more 'refined' class music... check out Amina Alaoui or Al Basri (group)....