why are they so many wannabe trance makers

Guest Stuart

all I hear is idiots wanting to know the formula to write trance but there is no magic way if you feel the music you are writing and enjoy writing fuck what people think and you will know if its phat or not. not how to do this and how to do that, what next do you won't someone to come around your house and wipe you ARSE!!!!!! people have to take the modem out of there computer and put it in the bin and just write music(i.e take your finger out your arse). thats the thing with trance it a pasion and the fakes out there are just fucking the true believers!!!!!!

Guest soliptic

i know where you're coming from , in general , yes

but i havent *seen* any posts on here saying "what is the formula?", "how do i make trance" or anything so retarded, so i dont quite understand what prompted this outburst. i could understand it if the board was swamped with wannabes asking stupid questions clearly proving they have never even tried anything, but actually the questions seem quite specific and hence entirely reasonable... how to get a particular kick sound... what vsti is good for a cutting lead.. etc

Guest woggz

actually there is a formula to psy, as with every form of western music.

It doesn't sound like you understnad music much to say it's not all a formula? creativity makes a good track great, but the formulas are what makes it music...music = patterned noise, patterns elude to formulas...

Guest Soyouth

The more people try to make trance, the more fun we'll have and the more creative we'll be.

I don't see what's wrong in asking what Synth should I buy or how to make groovy basslines or how to eq a song ?

Everybody started being a begginner and you learned while trying sounds, asking friends, listennign to tracks and analyze how they are made...

Of course some people are in a hurry and think they can get a "do-it-yourself-goa-trance-kit" but that's not how it works, for sure you have to spend time on it.

I am just beginning and forums like this one or the Ektoplasm one are just totally useful for me and I am glad when I can help someone.

Peace Love Unity & Respect

May Trance bring Harmony on earth :-)

maybe if 100 ppl ask that kind of questions, wannabe questions, 10 of them become real musicians it is good, even if the other 90 doesn't! and maybe because of the lame questions they learned something that actualy helped them....

Guest Slidingtrancer

There are always people criticising musicians for what they do and those people tend to think they are great reviewers...

Out of the 100 of those reviewers only 2 really review well and are able to see how much work goes into a production, whether its good or not.

Guest primitive brain

because psychedelic music SELLS NOWDAYS but i guess the whole fuzz

will be over in about 3-4 years , then the psy forums are gonna die ,sites will be closed down ,new music trends will rise but anyone who really likes psy music will keep on listening and keep on making tracks,just the hype will be gone bla bla bla......that's life

Guest primitive brain

will be over in about 3-4 years , then the psy forums are gonna die ,sites will be closed down ,new music trends will rise but anyone who really likes psy music will keep on listening and keep on making tracks,just the hype will be gone bla bla bla......that's life

Guest primitive brain

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I agree with stuart to some degree. You have to want to learn for yourself and not expect bum wiping.

I think it's ok to ask about hardware or music software etc, but as for 'how do I make good psy music?' or 'how do I make a bassline line I heard in that track by wishy-washy?' - Well... You need to practice and also to think and feel for yourself. Perhaps it begins with a feeling? You have to feel your way through it...

Time to sleep.

Guest blink

bitch moan bitch moan......

for those of you who agree with stuart and make trance, how good is your music compared to big lineups out there today? and what is a wannabe? someone interested in the music but not patient enough to learn it? are you only a real artist if you toil through hours of manuals to learn one app? screw the elitistism, and have a little compassion. in the 8 years that i have been in love with psytrance, i have tried to never be a info nazi. if you are tired of the questions in the forum. ignore them. there are all types of different levels of expertise here. what you are tired of reading, someone else wants to know.

blink

Guest blink

bitch moan bitch moan......

for those of you who agree with stuart and make trance, how good is your music compared to big lineups out there today? and what is a wannabe? someone interested in the music but not patient enough to learn it? are you only a real artist if you toil through hours of manuals to learn one app? screw the elitistism, and have a little compassion. in the 8 years that i have been in love with psytrance, i have tried to never be a info nazi. if you are tired of the questions in the forum. ignore them. there are all types of different levels of expertise here. what you are tired of reading, someone else wants to know.

blink

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ramesh

If you made goa trance music, you would know there is *actually* a formula for goa trance. Ever heard of:

- LFOs

- analog saturation

- flanger, panoramic effects

- LFO on cutoff

- LFO on amplitude

- square wave of Tee Bee

- Triangle wave of Tee Bee

- Cutoff & Resonance

These are used in several kinds of music, but it is typical of Trance, man.

And please, let beginners ask for information. They just wanna have fun and spend the week-end creating good loops on their new synth, trying to copy Koxbox, and trying to create themselves original music for fun. It's copying famous artists and asking other people that I learned.

C'mon guys, ask us how to create goa trance music. As for me, I'll be happy to help.