Tracks Contest : Round 2 :-)

Astonishing ... the quality of some Tracks is really astonishing !!!

My current favourite : Masada (ok they are not completely unknown) : listen to this Track ... I don't have another version than the 96 Kbps one and I can say you that I'm SURE to like it very much :-)

Other advices : Sienis, Ectopile, Nostromus, Psychopat, Metronome, Cujorius One.

Yes, I know we decided not to speak about our favourites in order not to influence people, but ... I now think the more there will be opinions about tracks participating on the forum the more people who can't download too many Tracks won't miss the jewel ones and will give a representative vote :-)

So I think we should speak of the Tracks ... in that way people who won't win will at least read some feedback sometimes here :-)

And you, what are you current favs ?

Guest PROSECT

guys i want to ask something... maybe i gonna create some track for the contest... so what is the best style to do? progressive? goa? psychedelic? ambient? i think about something like talamasca... what style you prefer?

uhm ... why don't you do one that you are really into ;) it's your descision ;)

i'm making a song ... the very first one ... been on reason for a few weeks ... i don't axpect to win (dhu) but fun it will be :)))

JanUa .... . . . . 3ô

Guest [tom jaimz]

Ok, lets see. Round 2 brings us a collection all of which are I think intended for the dancefloor. I was a bit more disappointed with this round, as I found many of the tracks not so much bad, but just boring. Final X's track is just full-on trance, with little left to the imagination. It's all way too much. I don't know what the hell the Galactic Nebula track is supposed to be - it feels like the guts of the track have been ripped out. The melodies don't really seem to interact with the bassline [or what's left of it below the filters] at all. And those melodies - straight from the Oakenfold textbook on progressive hard trance. Uninspiring. The Negative pH track isn't much better, straight from the '95 edition of 'How To Make Epic Goa Trance [now with extra heavy chords!]'.

Glimpses of hope are seen first by Garagmel, with a track that I feel has a lot of potential, but just doesn't feel finished. The samples are great, and there's nothing in the track that really doesn't feel like it shouldn't be there, but, well, there's nothing much else in the track at all. The Masada track feels like it should be good but there's something about it which seems tiring.. the energy level doesn't rise enough, I think.

But the real shining stars on Round 2 are the Psychopat and Sienis tracks. Psychopat's "Sweet Macrobe" is a wicked thumping night track, full of weird sounds. Music like that goes straight to my brain, and I love that. The Sienis track as well is a killer - sometimes with a bit too much Infected Mushroom influence, but just when you think they're going to loose that original edge they come right back atcha. Good stuff.

I didn't pay much attention to the last competition and only listened to the winners, which I thought were pretty ordinary. But so far this competition is shaping up real nice. So far, the best for me are the Metronome, Psychopat, Sienis and Ectopile.

Guest psychopat

Thanks Tom for that feedback :)

I can't be objective on my track, but I like Sienis and Metronome tracks a lot too.

I'm still working to write darker, full-on, highly psychedelic tracks. For the near future, ........ I will let you know.