ElecTribes?

Has anyone tried the Electribes, are they of any use?

I have an incredible low offer for getting the EA, or ER, but I'm also interested in ES. Do you recommend them?

THX for any feedback (even off topic)

Clone

P.S. By the way, where can I D/L some free Soundfonts?

Guest Taika-Kim

That's the normal selling price for an used Electribe EA/ER-1. For a ES that's a really good deal.

EA 1 does some simple things OK, but I wouldn't go much higher than 200eur for one. The ER1 is quite good for weird simple FX and basic percussion, but the kick is "soft" so no thumping psy-kick out of this one. It's worth more than the EA in my opinion.

Both are great for live, of course.

But considering music making in a studio environment, microQ, Virus etc rack synthesizers go for about 700eur used. That's 2x the price of an Electribe but 100000x more sounds and versatility.

Guest Kalhakala

I have both: an advice, instead of buying EA-1 + ER-1, just think to buy EA-1 twice!

EA-1 is a wonderful synth, as much as ER-1 SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!

Never heard such a fuckin bad rythm box... whereas EA-1 is deep and fat.

But it needs lot of work to get the sound of ur dreams...

u can do what u want with time

• 2 years later...

I use the electribe MX (the blue one with tubes) and personally i think its the coolest piece of equipment ive ever messed around with. the drum parts are awsome and the synth is really cool...i think it costs a bit more than the normal electribes but i think its well worth the money...the tubes are small and the effect is subtle, but it definately adds energy to the music!

im all for electribes, so whichever one u decide on, you'll be happy!

I consider my self lucky for buying the emx-1 the one with the tubes...

it has some really cool things u can do with it...

In my opinion i think that an electribe is cool to be in every studio as u can make some cool grooves in *no time*...

The tubes give u the opportunity for a good mastering...and many more ...just experiment..

If u have found it in a low price go and get it....

every piece of gear u can come up with will give u new ideas expanding your knowledge and your perspectives in terms of music production...

Stay connected

Spaceliner

I use the electribe MX (the blue one with tubes) and personally i think its the coolest piece of equipment ive ever messed around with. the drum parts are awsome and the synth is really cool...i think it costs a bit more than the normal electribes but i think its well worth the money...the tubes are small and the effect is subtle, but it definately adds energy to the music!

im all for electribes, so whichever one u decide on, you'll be happy!

200161[/snapback]

I have also had the EMX-1! The drum part of the machine is absolutely incredible, but i think the synth part is hard to programme good sounds on, so that's why i got rid of it again, but the tubes are really nice