Buying Equipment

Guest lifeform

omer... you can emulate a 303 with pretty much anything that's gotta square or saw wave. not as kick ass as the original silver beast, but it gets the job done.

I would take Juno but since this is gonna be your first synth I would suggest you to take MS 2000 because you can play more sounds (patches) at the same time. With Juno you'd have to play/program one synth line then record it to audio (.wav) then do another synth line and record it etc..etc..etc..

Guest 3001 aka i-m-bugg

Definatley get the juno. Since the ms2000 is only 2 part multimbral you'll have to do some sampling on your PC for FX and waht not. and the juno106 is a FAR superior synth :) 106s own...but also remember you'll need outboard fx for the 106, while the 2000 has internal fx, but yet again the ms2000 can sound kinda like poo, and if you're multitracking might as well use a great of a synth as the juno106, might as wel pick up a 106 and a quadraverb GT, be a nice starting out combo = )

jeeez, man if u wanna make stuff that sounds NEW, get the Korg!!!!!!!

i cant believe there is an actual decision involved in this!?!

the juno would be fine for old skool goa, but......

.....its not 1995 anymore!

:)

Guest Elysium Project

3001 aka i-m-bugg wrote:

"Definatley get the juno. Since the ms2000 is only 2 part multimbral you'll have to do some sampling on your PC for FX and waht not. and the juno106 is a FAR superior synth :)"

Dude you could not be more wrong.

You can not compare the MS2000 with the Juno...... The Juno is old and not at all as complex as the MS2000....... My suggestion is:

BUY THE MS2000 or even better....get the new Virus......

Guest 3001 aka i-m-bugg

the 106 sounds about 100000x better. this isn't 95 anymore, and isn't it a coincindence that most of the music sucks? he already has a computer so the outdated DSP power on the ms2000 he could probably do on his pc...much more complex sounds...I don't really believe in that reece, it's like people who say plastikman sounds are just rebirth, but then they try to make the same style, and find for some reason their music pales in comparison

106 you can find immediate use for. What can't soft synths do well? BASS, what's the 106 master of? BASS...pc can cover pads very easily, stupid HF sounds that suck, that are there just for the sake of bieng weird...ugh i hate those sounds:) what happen to beautyy!( i know it still exists in some psy luckily!^_^ ). It doesn't matter if it's not 95 anymore, you can do al lot with these synths! and still 95 sounds better damnit!!

ms2000 is probably the worst VA out there. if you're going to spend around 500-600, go for a nord lead 1 kb, get some external fx, go for a microQ, a uWave XT.. there's plenty of choices:)...ms2000 is just poo! utter poo!:)...at first i got giddy over the sync detune when i played on it when it came out...then after that i realized the shitty make of it, the horrible filters, the *not* so great effects. very weak oscs...oh yea! you can probably get a z1 for 200 more than that price, and the z1 is much more funkier+ can do a lot more + MUCH MUCh MUCH better KB^_^..

you do know the new virus is software right? I expect you're talking about the NEW virus, the one that just came out, was shown at namm...

Emulating will always be worse than the source it's emulating:), and the ms2000 isn't overly complex so it's not like "wowwiee" hehe :), i could understand ocmparing a nord modular or a Q to a juno106...

oh yea if u want that ap sound they use an alpha juno in just about every one of their tracks :)

1) are you working with the 106? if so can you please send me a trancy

sample that you did with it.

2) can the 106 do drum sounds?

3) what effects does it have?

Guest 3001 aka i-m-bugg

the 106 does not effects, regardless of what hardware synth you have you'll want to use external effects, otherwise your music will become disposable once a new synth comes out...(the fx will be overused...)...just like a lot of the problem with a lot of psy out there, not very good for relistening because of this problem, too many people pick up access virus...and don't use external effects(truth is without the fx this machine is very weak).

the 106 can do some drum sounds, but you use a sampler..I don't think the ms2000 has drum kits though does it? then you'd also be limited to only 1 synth sound on it...the 106 you can't do a dru mki t of course...

i'm not working with a 106 anymore...but it is one of the greatest trance synths out there. that great bassline just comes out within a few seconds of touching the thing. It's hard to make a 106 sound bad:)... you can hear it on MANY MANY MANY records, it's what most people emulate with VA...