what artists have best sound

Guest vasyachkin

name a few artists which you think have best sound, also name a few that have bad sound

my opinion:

BEST:

Astral Projection (Dancing Galaxy and onward, NOT the early stuff)

Pleiadians

Chi-Ad

PRETTY BAD:

SFX

Battle of the Future Buddhas (i think they said it themselves, they don't care about sound quality)

RA (for a melodic act their sound is pretty muddy)

Guest Setsuko

i must say Deedrah but i hate his music only the track 'reload' is amazing , the rest on the 'reload' album sucks..

bad sound quality by Parasense... but I just love their music ... :)

Guest Slidingtrancer

Infected Mushroom

Sphongle

Psysex

Psycraft

Koxbox

Good production

Bad production

BotfB

RA (indeed)

Infinity project

Space tribe ( the ugly voice samples though the last cd is GOOD)

good

IM

S. Posford (*)

cosma (imo)

beatbizarre

blt

bad

parasence (definetly, but some say that they wanted their music to sound like that)

i feel that D S - sun spot first realease sounds very low and powerless

well, those come to my mind right now.

But you know what's weird? I don't know waht i can call good production because a lot of new producers use only software, which makes it ridic. easy to remain clean keeping it in the digital realm, but sometimes brought into external realms will create noise, but sometimes they have to work harder to minimize noise so who would really have a better sound? one is warmer with a little noise, but the other is colder with no noise...?

Some of the Texas Faggott's tracks has very crappy production... it sounds like they intentionally make music crappy so that it would sound wacky and spykedelik... I quess it's part of the Finnish mentality.

Psytrance itselfs is not so well produced as club trance by PVD Tiesto and other shitty djs. psytrance doesnt have to be a clean sound.. it does have to be weird, unique in its psychedelic sounds.. what it has to do is to let u get high, to take ya to another dimension!!!

I reccomend Psycraft, Talamasca, nomad , Tristan and Neuromotor in the fullon style!

Dark Soho for darker psytrance

Chia-ad , The muses rapt and AP for GOA

Refeer Deecre, GMS , S-range for Minimal

Guest vasyachkin

MDMA, you seem to be saying that because psy sounds bad because this is how it needs to sound, not because its made in low-budget studios.

i disagree, i want my music to sound good, regardless of whether it is psy or not.

Guest noctilucent

Totally disagree with MDMA. GOA is weird and it's supposed to be like that, but the weirdness(sounds, fx) are clean,good quality sounds. There's a big diff between a song that's weird because of improper masterin and quality and a song with weird sounds but hi quality crystal-sharp sounds. I like all the sounds to be perfectly robust and clear, yet still spacey and "weird".

Good coment noctilucent,

I totally agree with you.

MDMA, think about what noctilucent said. Maybe if you pay attention in the kind of music you like, you'll notice he's right. My favorite songs are the weirdest. For me, the darkest, the best. But the production, mixing, sound quality etc must be the best too.

P.S. good nick you have ;-)