Bassdrum

Guest lifeform

I'm always having trouble getting the right bass drum sound for my tracks. It has to be the hardest thing to mix into a goa track cause you need it to have the perfect ammount of low, mid and highs. I'd have to say GMS has some of the coolest grooves to their music, along with one of the coolest bass kicks. If anyone knows a good site where i could get some goa / chillout bass drum samples, that would be excellent. I've always had the urge to buy some sample disks from beatniks but i figured all those samples on that cd are used way to much in the scene. Would it still be worth to buy? Any other sample disks other that the beatnik one which would be good for my likings?

I have some... samples if anyone would like to trade this would also be nice.

Guest noctilucent

yes, go to infected mushroom's website(i don't know the exact address, so run a search on Google). Once you get to their site click on the "homestudio" link at the left of the page and it takes you to a page where it shows how to make a bassdrum in Soundforge. They also give you a bassdrum sample which sounds pretty good to me. hope this helps. peace. Noct.

Guest lifeform

shpongle that'd be nice.

lifeformstudio@aol.com

Hope to hear from ya soon!

Yeah, i did check out that bassdrum at the infected site and i wasn't too impressed...

Guest noctilucent

yes, that's the truth: that bassdrum IS too long, but the idea of making it in SF is good.( It took me about 1 hrs. to get a decent kick thruogh FM synth. using their method)

Guest triplex

always make sure that your kick sample has the correct length for your BPM. for example a 300ms kick in a 140bpm track would not be the best thing for your mix. usualy a short kick full of low and mid freequencies will have very good impact and your mix will be nice! make sure your kick contains enough 40-60 hz freequencies! this is vital in making your mix sound 'pro'. always play with EQ to bring it to the correct feeling. a nice thing to do is to play with the EQ while the track is playing so you can compare the kick to the bass. kick and bass have to match nicely. kick should complete the bass and the opposite.

I made some bassdrums in Soundforge but i've only managed to make 1 or 2 very descent kicks.. However i dont think you can make such phat drums with FM synth, than you can do with real analog stuffs! correct me if im wrong :)

Guest psybrat

ICQ 37641929 MSN psybrat@hotmail.com

make music and have progs .. free to discuss anything regarding making music..

love and light,

psybrat