Headphones :)?

Guest CrusadeR

wich ones do u have ?.. opinions etc :).. and wich soundcards do u have ?

and can somebody tell me something about

AKG - K55 headphones, coz i'm planing to buy them.. for quite a low price.. 50$

Guest Tranceptor

I have Sennheisers HD500 :D I love them, somewhat lacking in very high frequencies but I can live with it.........

I have a cheezy onboard soundcard, looking to buy my brothers Soundblaster Live thing..... but I heard bad things about it.

I dont have a lot of money, so maybe I'll wait, a soundcard ain't the most important thing making music

Guest CrusadeR

Damn u :))

I would love to have HD600 :))..

Anyway.. for the price of 50$ there are no better headphones tha AKG 55.. anyway.. Soundblaster Live... is quite good for the price, but of course.. Event Gina is the right choice :)..

Guest Tranceptor

Buy Grado headphones, they are the best. A friend of mine has em, the design isn't that great for your ears but the sound is beautiful.....

Guest Inukko

I use two pairs: Sennheiser

HD570 (for my DJ mixer) and

the Sony MDR "Professionals"

(for my pro mixer). The HD's

sound great, they do "color"

the sound more (at least to

my ears), but for

non-monitoring purposes

they're great. Be prepared

to spend around $180 for

a pair, though...

I have Philips SBC HP910 ... http://philips.com.pk/hp910.htm

Really comfortable and has amazing sound... Highly recommended as an alternative to Sennheiser... I got my Philips for free as part of a test-program to see wheter they should be sold in the store where I work... We also sell Sennheiser and I can also recommend them.... From HD400 and up!

http://www.sennheiser.com/headphones/dynam...ic/dh_1c001.htm

All of the above is of course for listening purposes... If you need them for DJing these are not recommended...

Boms!

DeathPosture

Guest vasyachkin

still, its better to have good speakers than good headphones

that is one of the reasons (besides cost) why i did not buy electrostatic headphones. cuz even a perfect Headphone is not the same as a pair of speakers.

but if you gotta go with phones, go with electrostatics. Electrostatics inherently have much more linear frequency response AND much lower distortion than ANY electrodynamic (regular) headphones

the most "affordable" electrostatics are about 800 dollars, it would be either "Stax Basic 2" or "Koss ESP 950"

Grados - hands down the best headphones - especially for Trance/Techno

the bass is very defined and the highs and mids r all there.

I bought the 320s and the 80s - i highly recommend them

Guest Tranceptor

I should have bought them, but the musicshop here didn't have them. They are hard to come by in Holland it seems.

Well about that speaker-thing, speakers are much more expensive. Good speakers comparable to very good headphones will cost you 1000$, while you can get good headphones for 4/500 $

Guest vasyachkin

true about speaker cost, that is the downside. but the point i was getting at was that you need good speakers anyway, even if you already have good headphones

by the way i have Technics RP-F20 for headphones, they have beautiful bass, but treble is badly exaggerated :(

Guest Tranceptor

Yeah I must agree good speakerset is a must. But as I'm a student who's not sponsored by mom and dad that much.......

I just can't afford equipment of any sort, hoping to buy a midi-keyboard soon tho...

I've been using Stanton DJ1000's and they've been pretty good for both Dj'ing and as monitors. They cost me about R400 which is less than $50, Cover the ear comfortably (I can DJ for hours in them) and I'm very happy with the sound quality.