Psytrance magazines?

I'd like to subscribe to some interesting psytrance magazine... anyone know which one is the best? I've only heard of Mushroom but that one's in German (I've heard they're thining of making english secions). Anyway, if there's some Mushroom equivalent in english let me know :)

SMI²LE

Guest Lepton

there is an English version of mushroom called intershroom (2 times a year).

other magazines : movers and groovers

psymag

shangri- la (I'm not sure about the name)

Guest ChoBo

Hi Lemmi, yes you are right on that, the german issue of mushroom in July i think will have some sections in English. You got intershroom as well which is the international edition. You can get them for free if you purchase an order from trance-shop.com, leave a note to tokyokid , he will be happy to add it for you :)

There are other mags like shangri la as well and "Entrance", they are from UK. I think you can still get shangri la la from www.saikosounds.com, as for Entrance, I got mine from trance-shop.

As for magazines in the net, you have www.psymag.com and www.entrancemagazine.com [great mag btw in pdf file]. There are others I am sure, maybe others can add in.

Cheers,

ChoBo

Guest ChoBo

Both are good, i have them ( you dont get psymags around, just dont expect it to be like DJ Mag or your average commercial trance mag)

Guest krize

Shangri -La (from London I think) is very professional and good looking ... Mostly based with parties in England .. Dont know how to subscribe ..

Mushroom Magazine - Every month in German, and 2-4 times a year in English .... Mostly with stuff happening in Germany (and thats a LOT!!) Possible to subscribe via the FreakCard ...

peace..

• 4 months later...

We had in Israel Newzeek magazine, which covered all the spectrum of electronic music that is popular in Israel, like Club Trance, Techno, Psy Trance and to some extent Hip-Hop and Break Beat.

Because Psy is quite a big thing in Israel and generally because the staff of that mag was mostly into the genre, there was quite a lot Psy trance related material in there.

Including interviews, CD reviews, and some bigger, featured articles. Unfortunatelly the magazine closed after i think 3 years of work.

That was quite a loss. I still read the old issues, from time to time.

:(

Hi Lemmi, yes you are right on that, the german issue of mushroom in July i think will have some sections in English.

I find the Mushroom so-so. Not many alternatives out there, so yes, when I get one I usually read it. But I find it flashy and commercial. Miss those typewriter-and-glue-layouted fanzines 8)

As for magazines in the net, you have www.psymag.com

WAAHHH! WTF do the think will read this? Six-point fonts to make room for the oversized title bars? My eyes are perfectly alright, but I'd like to keep them that way for a few years to come, so I'd rather stay away until they get a webdesigner.

and www.entrancemagazine.com [great mag btw in pdf file].

Nice idea, saves quite some trees! They don't have a sample issue anywhere, do they?