New edition and album of Asura for 2004 and 2005

Guest Asura

Hello, Psynewsers, nice to read you again!

I haven't been on this forum for a while and it's a real pleasure to give you some news about our band.

Asura is back in this middle of 2004. A new edition of Lost Eden is coming on June, 1st, in the USA market, with a new cover and a modified tracklisting, and is released by TV Matters.

Moreover, the 3rd album of the band (which name is for the moment "Redemption") is to be composed, and should be out in the two first quarters of 2005, with more or less 15 new tracks, even more ecclectic than the first two albums. Indeed, "Redemption" will be a mixture between Trip Hop, Ambient, Trance, Space, Chill, Classical Musics, even Pop, and, of course, Psychedelic. More vocal and acoustic, but still overall electronic and melodic, it'll try to cover musical atmospheres taken from all over the world, in all styles mixable.

Hope you'll enjoy this album as we are enjoying to compose it, and I and we wish you all the best positive vibrations possible...

Kind feelings from France, psyaddicts!

Guest Jon Cocco

To Asura:

So then... "Redemption" (tentatively titled) is the official third album by Asura with all new tracks, and the new edition of Lost Eden is modified, but does "modified tracklisting" mean changes to tracks or simply a list change in the tracklisting?

Also, if you are the artist, creator, writer, etc.. one of the persons in charge of Asura, I had some feedback. I own both Asura albums. I consider myself an excellent reviewer because I compare each album to what it is in its genra. With certain experimental psytrance and like your stuff, you mix many forms, types, and styles of different electronic genras. Therefore, I had to listen to this album many times, both comparing it to the one before and many other melodic albums in the acoustic, newage, ambient/trance, trip-hop, experimental category. The most important thing for most listeners and myself is what you feel when you listen to this. The first Asura album was pretty good, with some tracks more catchy than others, and the tracks were longer of course. I prefer the second Asura album (Lost Eden) because it seems to have more character, more tracks that sound completely different from the one before. It is a good album with moments that are beautiful, cool, floating, and very catchy. However, at times, and rare those times are, there seems to be moments where a certain track could have taken off with even more layers energy and elevation, (remember, depth of sound, swimming in sound that has flow and rhythm) as opposed to ending shorter than expected. I am a mixer myself with many types of music, so I do know the concepts and technical work that is involved with putting tracks together, altering sounds, frequency, pitch, etc. I plan on getting into creating some ground breaking, psytrance with TONS of atmosphere and layers in the future, but that is another story. My point is that I like Asura very much and I am very critical with music in general because I see so many artists slacking off and not progressing and taking risks, which is why I love Infected Mushroom. Just look at Infected Mushrooms experimental side on Converging Vegatarians, there are moments where its like those guys followed NO RULES, routines, or pattern. And wouldn't it be interesting to see Asura make one, if just one deep, melodic, fully insane, constantly changing, ambitions, atmospheric, maybe a bit dark, loaded with catch rhythm ... psytrance track? I think that would be super interesting, maybe as a bonus or final track, something special to the fans. just an idea.

However, PLEASE take note of this: The person or people of ASURA have potential to really push the limets with style, sound, layers, feeling, maybe some but not many very LUSH female vocals. The difference between your first and second album shows maturity and experience, your style is becoming more melodic, versatil,e and unique. I believe you can make a goundbreaking album with the time put in and imagination, but it may take until 2005 and it will be worth it. Just go insane. Some of your tracks, if maybe one or two, have potential to start beautiful, and morph, (while still keeping the feeling and rhythm patterns) into something very deep and psychedelic, and I really do mean PSYCHEDELIC, something that would make someone's jaw drop at the intensity, energy and crazy structure from a track that once started so innocent and beautiful. There are moments, like track 6 in LOST EDEN which have so much energy and melody, so much enthusiasm, I love that, because it builds up and LIFTS OFF. I don't see that enough now a days. I like how your music progresses into the layers as opposed to starting with a beat like most psytrance typical, dance music. Simply put, I consider the better to best tracks on Lost Eden 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10. It seems that the creator here really gets "into" creating and has a passion for this music because it can be heard and felt, but I would really like it if each and every track was, well, incredible or great. Maybe I'm asking for too much here, but once your album takes off, people will go back and search for other albums by you guys, and each and every album makes history one way or the other. As someone who always looks for pushing so-called limitations on life, music, movies, etc... I look forward to hearing something totally absorbing, and I could see the last album having moments of strong, melodic psytrance. I really like that and I hope you really make the third album one hell of a ride, maybe more psychedelic too in a wildly imaginative, unexpected (interpret as you will) way!

Great stuff Asura, looking forward to the third album!

JC

Guest asura

Whaooo JC... What a tremendous and very interesting post. Thanks a lot for your warm words and for your constructive listening work around our music. I know that the way we are following will constitute real good news for some, and really bad news for others.

When we started music, the aim has never been to do what others did (not means that we want to do or that we are doing innovative or unheard music, of course), or to follow rules to satisfy some public or other one. For long years, We only try to do the music we would want to ear, without limit of genres or styles, and the most emotive and psychedelic music we can(means which create the most images possible).

The third album will be the result of a mixture of numerous kinds of music, the style isn't important for us. What really import is what you feel deeply when you listen to, even when it's pop, or by the contrary, totally insane.

We are permanently taking risks with our melanges, cause the most people don't understand what we are trying to explain or show.

On the other side, we are taking even more risks when we try to be understood by a larger public, using more usual structures, sounds, someone would say commercial music (like "Raindust" by example, which was loved and hated at the same time), cause those who liked the first Asura maybe will think that we sold our soul to the devil or disavowed what we are existing for.

I know that "Redemption" will be loved and hated, even more than the first ones, cause you have also absolutly pop tracks on it, and by the contrary mixtures totally weird and unexpected in the same track. All I can say is that we made and are making it with all our weel, all our soul, and that we never cheated in its processus of creation.

But we have now to do with another parameter: the label we are produced and will be produced by is really important, and we have some compromises to do (or die! :-)) to satisfy it and to satisfy the american market.

Moreover, I saw in this forum a discussion about the best sellers in the psy music, and you have to know that it's harder and harder to live with his music nowadays. So we try to do our best and to satisfy the most people without loose our mind and spirit. We thought numerous times of a totally week album, totally experimental, but our present situation doesn't allow us to do absolutly and only what we want (which doesn't mean that we are doing what we don't want), snif... :-(

All I can say, is thatI hope you'll enjoy this new album, which will go everywhere we didn't go till now, and nowhere we'll go in the fourth one. ;-)

Thanks a lot again JC, and all the best for you and your nearest.

Charles Farewell.

PS: Concerning "Lost Eden" 2004, it's the same Lost Eden without "Prologue" with a new cover and remastered. But don't expect radical changes, it's the same one, built for the american market.

Guest vasyachkin

hey asura, why do you insist on depriving the tracks of a nice phat beat like in the "code eternity" track. that track was the shit, you need to make more ones like it - a winning formula IMHO.

Guest Jon Cocco

Asura:

Thanks for the feedback, well, on my feedback. I wish you the best of luck on your third release. I am under the impression that your third album is pretty much cut out to what you want it to be or achieve. So maybe you'll release something more psychedelic while still sounding very beautiful in the future if its not on your next album. Just an idea I wanted to share, because psytrance isn't as melodic and emotional sounding (feeling) as some of it once was in the goa days, (so to speak, the mid-late 90's) and you guys seem to have it down with the creative melodies.

And for the record on Lost Eden: I absolutely love track 6, Fahrenheit, I believe it is called, with the strong, interesting build up into the even more, strong, even psychedelic I'd say, lift-off into such a pulsating melody! I love all those layers of sounds, melodies, chimes, it is just great! That is an example of what I really mean when I say "ambitious" or "layers." I really like that track and my friends all agree it is one of the very best by you. It is so energetic and yet beautiful, also track 5 is very catchy too, and I appreciate the peaceful, floating intro. I feel that the tracks seem to get better the more into the album you get, like the way you compiled it.

I hope you have at least one or two tracks in your next album have such a powerful melodic rhythm or something. I'm sure whatever it is it will be catchy in its own way, but I was really taken by track 6, it is just too catchy and uplifting, that is what I'd love to hear more of amongst the new style and sound that Asura is evolving / moving into. I just felt like I had to comment on that track. And just listen to Amythestium if you haven't for some examples of what I consider excellent, TOP, newage/ambient. The female voices in Amythestium really enhance/accentuate the music at times. Download tracks "Autumn Interlude" and "Calantha" just to hear them if you haven't.

In conclusion, back to track 6 on Lost Eden before I go. Of course I understand the concept of when you hear your own track while mixing/cutting/making it; I understand that you may hear it for hundreds of times and one tired of it after a while, its not as special after a while because you know all the backstage work/magic that created it and have practically heard every add-on, change, alteration, a zillion times, but coming from a listener, creater, writer, and what I'd call "fan" of your work, I have to step back even after I have heard TRACK 6 over 15 times, ... some time goes by, I don't wanna over-due/play out, such a cool song, yet I hear it a month or two later, and... WOW!, I just love all those layers and rhythm and how it progresses into that DRIVE, its like if I get pulled over, "Officer it wasn't me. The music made me do it." hehe, it gives me that much energy. Anyway, take care guys. Good luck with things, really push it, I am looking forward to somthing different, and maybe a masterpiece will come out when you least expect it. Have a nice day!,

JC

Guest Asura

The leading words of the next album are: MELODY and EMOTION. Don't be anxious about that, JC (it's funny to write JC, really, seems Like I am chatting with God!), I am sure you won't be disappointed by this side of our music. :-)

Guest Asura

and effectively, there will be some traxx as Fahrenheit in our 3rd album, with pumping rythms and heavy synths layers, with weird ambiance and ethnics chants. Nevertheless, as "Redemption" will have something like 15 or 16 titles, it'll show numerous styles, and that's why we'll put so many trax: we want to go everywhere the music guides us, even if it's very hard (impossible) to put everything we want on a single cd. Some will be Chill, others Trance Ambient, Trip Hop, BigBeat, Spacey, Classical, Psyche, cinematographic, and, as I said, Pop. It won't be only that, or only that. We try to give variety to our music, and will try to give to the whole album homogeneity. Hope it'll work...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jon Cocco

Some tracks like "Fahrenheit" with pumping rythms and heavy synths layers, ambiance and ethnic chants totally peek my interest. I'm glad to hear that, I'm sure it will be on psyshop when it is released your other albums. I look forward to buying it. Take care for now! :)

JC

• 2 months later...

I would like a full cd with bass lines just like asura - like a summer day... like that a lot... very powerfull but still not too fast... perfect to enjoy sitting in your chair...

thanx a lot by the way for those feeling melodys ;)

and can't wait to hear some of you new stuff... :D

Thanks Rain.

You know, Asura evolved with the years, and what we want to do now, is to be the more ecclectic possible, and to go everywhere music allow us. The first album was a step in our story, the second another one, and the third will be a different one... :D

thanks so much for the first two albums !! i have spent a lot of time listening to your music, and that was time well spent!

all i want to say is that since asura obviously has the talent and will to make something fantastic for the third album, so: dont take opinions too seriously, basically dont listen to noone unless you really really have to and just create what you feel like creating !

Merci ; )

so u can be proud on that  :P

197519[/snapback]

Yes, we are proud! Maybe because Lost Eden isn't really an ambient album, don't know... And the third one will be again different, cause we want to enlarge the spectrum of our music. Will come the day when Asura won't figure anymore in the psy ambient cession, and will be feature in World electro music. Hope there'll still be guys for earing our music! :D In all case, thanks a lot Cryion, for your confidence.

Yes, we are proud! Maybe because Lost Eden isn't really an ambient album, don't know... And the third one will be again different, cause we want to enlarge the spectrum of our music. Will come the day when Asura won't figure anymore in the psy ambient cession, and will be feature in World electro music. Hope there'll still be guys for earing our music!  :D In all case, thanks a lot Cryon, for your confidence.

197537[/snapback]

thats true, it isnt really 100% psy ambient.

btw: its cryion, not cryon :P