Label: Self released
Date released: March 2, 2018

1. Huckaloogie
2. Ginger Lizard
3. Botrok
4. Boogie Latch
5. Dalmations

giphy-downsized.gif

Opiuo is  Oscar Davey-Wraight from the hometown of Ngatimoti, New Zealand, he now resides in Australia. If you venture into his Facebook page you'll see that his influences for music are 'Everything, absolutely everything'. If you've ever seen him live or listened to his work you'll know that that is true. Glitch probably describes his style the best, but it is hip-hoppy, funkadelic, dubsteppy, ambient inspired psychedelic glitch.

Syzygy 01 is my favourite piece of work from him so far, I would best describe it as absolute jazz, funk inspired glitch-hop. So funky that he has gone on to collect himself an orchestra and release a full orchestral version of his work. If you like to impress your friends with your good music taste but just can't get them into the best Goa and Psy tracks, then use any song from Syzygy, it'll have them bopping all over the place.

If Glitch isn't your usual flavour I would still recommend listening to track 5 Dalmations it's a slow sexy jazz piece full of electronic glory. 

https://opiuo.bandcamp.com/album/syzygy-01