3. Hypnotized
4. Spiral Attack
5. Trancedance Mission
6. Soul Echoes
7. No Matter How
8. Switch On The Night
9. Cybrain Worms
10. Beyond

Psychedelic Breaks and goa. Is there anything better? Is there? The innocence of childhood? New love? Friendship? All inclusive cruise ships through the Caribbean? Nope to heck with it all. I got what I need right here.

So who is jayex? I haven't heard the name, a little digging got me a killer track on 'art from the heart chapter 2' great album BTW. Heřman Hasík is Jayex's real name, if it sounds like it's a name from the dark forests of the Bouzov Micro-region of the Czech Republic to you that is because you have an eye for the truth. Other alias is Smoke Visions.

This albums boasts breakbeat goa and psychedelia. Does it deliver? Oh yea, but let's get to that now.

Intro: Straight electricity entering the airwaves. Jayex let's us have a very little taste of what's to come. As always it could be longer but does the trick anyway.

Tribal Shot: a hot track that gets better and better the deeper in you go. Vocals sit delicately on top of baselines and synths. At 135bpm I'd be happy to play this in a trance or techno set. Although the goa is distinct.

Hypnotized: Jayex slows it down another notch with a heavy psychedelic number. Every aspect is super groovy and comes in and out at just the right time. The little offbeat\breakbeat part at the end of each break is really cool too. Love it.

Spiral Attack: Sweet sweet intro, better than honey in my morning tea. And then BOOM! Didn't see that coming. At first wasn't a fan. But weird kicks always take me a little time to get used to. Sure enough by the time we reach the main break I'm well adjusted. 4 listens in I love it.

Trancedance Mission: In it now with the Goa, or is it Proto? I Don't know I'm 25, which is still old enough to call something good, which this track certainly is. I normally don't go crazy for key changes but here it's not so bad. The song constantly changes direction and intensity with expert fashion, another great track.

Soul Echoes: What does the title track have to offer us? How does a slow build into a climax of breakbeat sound to you? Sounds sort of good to me. A shorter track than the others, and honestly I was expecting something to happen after the breakbeat. You can't let the little things bring you down though, still a decent track.

No Matter How: Some ocean sounds and spooky synths open the track up for us. Followed by another unexpected track. I thought the bass could have been jacked up a bunch in this track, instead it feels like something other than a track that belongs on this album. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy it, but you know, context.

Switch On The Night: Another techno'y track which is easy to stomp your feet too. The baseline is super freaky and soon has you lost in it. fairly minimal but what he Jayex uses he uses well. The outro is neat too. 

Cybrain Worms: The track title is actually pretty apt, this song is the closest representation I can find to cybrain worms. The breakbeat with that heavy baseline and the chanting in the background is just too hot. One of my favourite tracks.  

Beyond: Time to close the album and what better way to do it than a full Goa trance track. The baseline is funky, the synths are sweet and the overall vibe is just great. On a few extra listens this track and the intro seem to fit together well. Another favourite of mine.

Overall I like the album a lot. The ingredients that Jayex uses to create each track he uses just the right amount of, a little paprika here, a little oregano there. The Breakbeat Goa combination is really hot and the slower tracks are anything but boring. I honestly look forward to hearing more from Jayex and think that this album is a blast.

I thought the production of tracks 2 and 3 stood out as particularly good. 

Here is a link. Oh and you can pay as you please.

https://surf10rec.bandcamp.com/album/soul-echoes

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PsyKomet said:

> Heřman Hasík is Jayex's real name, if it sounds Finish to you that is because you have an eye for the truth

It sounds Czech to me. Which he is. =)

Gungdangit, who let me do reviews? 
Updated, thanks for the info.