7. 5th Dimension
PARA HALU FEAT DJ TSUBI

8. Yage
AURAFOOD

9. Multiverse
SEQUOYA

10. Gliese Dub
HADRON ORCHESTRA

Typically at around 11am on a Sunday, for the last hurrah of the festival, perhaps even an hour or two over the official end time, when no one yet has mustered up the responsibility to pull the plug, long after the prog-heads have called it a day and when the night's partied-to-hard are just waking up, the die-hard veterans are still on the floor. The vibe at that time is usually pure, the synergy between DJ and crowd is magical and, where I come from, full-on is being played.

From "Multiverse Chronicles," a few of these awesome tracks may just find their way into those unforgettable moments.

With Braincell and Psilocybian quality is delivered and it is not at all surprising. Braincell has been making the same sort of quality full-on for a good number of years, sweetly melodic and encouragingly energetic, and props to him for making the same sort of track, even dozens of times already, without the results feeling ho-hum or dull.

Psilocybian also delivers well within his usual standard of production - tight, dark and often times very fiery. There is a brief moment on "Fatline" where the keyboard performance is so fast and passionate that it is easy to wonder if any burn damage may have occurred during its creation.

As with any compilation, "Multiverse Chronicles" does have its down points but luckily these are very limited. The worst that can be said is that it is occasionally too progressive (Man Machine), too weird (Datacult) or too messy (Aurafood).

At its very best it can be said to contain some excellent full-on and also succeeds wildly when it goes off the beaten path and takes some chances.

Spiritcat's "Throne Of The Soul" may be the best full-on production - infectious energy, full-bodied sound, likeable samples - but, then, it is pretty hard to vote against Labyr1nth's "Save The Rainforest" where all the same great qualities are contained but with a brief tribal sample that is used perfectly throughout the track and is difficult to shake for a while after it has played out. Both are superb!

So, too, is Sequoya's "Multiverse," an unexpected curve in these full-on festivities into dark psy territory. If it is tough at first to adapt to the change in BPMs, stick with it, this one weaves a spell that only grows more enchanting as it continues and the invigorating bass sets deeper roots into the psyche the longer it plays. An absolute gem that probably has no business being so successful on a disc filled with music that does not often challenge the listener's intelligence.

The down tempo closer from Hadron Orchestra on "Gliese Dub" is a dusty Western-inspired beauty that sounds like it walked straight over from Kaya Project's "Desert Phase" album. The guitar work is melodic and catchy, the mood is clever and it works perfectly on this album because of how creative and unexpected it is with its inclusion. A top-notch production.

"Multiverse Chronicles" is often bursting with energy and many of the gems hold up very well on repeat listens, while some get even better with added exposure. Not only do the good tracks far outnumber the bad ones, the good tracks also happen to very good, sometimes even excellent.

It is quite early in 2015 but I can easily see this one making my top ten when the year is up.

all great but.. what is para halu doing here????

damn..this guy keeps letting me down

You know what, sorry for not mentioning this in the review, but the Para Halu track is very good and it really should have been mentioned because it's co-produced with DJ Tsubi who compiled this. The music is real, real good, dark and heavy and energetic. The thing I don't like about it are the samples, they're very talky and the same loop gets used over and over again, it becomes annoying and detracts. Still, it is a good track.

You know what, sorry for not mentioning this in the review, but the Para Halu track is very good and it really should have been mentioned because it's co-produced with DJ Tsubi who compiled this. The music is real, real good, dark and heavy and energetic. The thing I don't like about it are the samples, they're very talky and the same loop gets used over and over again, it becomes annoying and detracts. Still, it is a good track.

i used to love his sound, or more correctly "their" sound cause he was on the project with András Fekete, who buy the way is a great artist and hes disappeared now..anyway, even para halu on the path was a top for me..but after that he conttinue alone the para halu project, and i dont know what happened..sure it is a matter of taste , but to my ears his present sound has nothing to do with 8-10 years back..now for the above track i cannot judge cause i havent hear it yet..but something tells me its going to be one of the same again....

Psilocybian also delivers well within his usual standard of production - tight, dark and often times very fiery. There is a brief moment on "Fatline" where the keyboard performance is so fast and passionate that it is easy to wonder if any burn damage may have occurred during its creation.

This is one of his best tracks yet.

• Like 1