VA - Into This Wired Abyss Volume 4

Bill

va-into-the-wired-abyss-vol-4-297x300.jp

VA - Into This Wired Abyss Volume 4

01 - Electrypnose - Some Hope Left (Far Mozaic Remix)
02 - Sigil - Utopia
03 - Erothyme - Finer Things
04 - False Identity - The Reformation of Disparity
05 - Xeno - Elevenwoods
06 - Atman Construct - Styx & Stoned
07 - Soulular - Native Tongue
08 - Zylla - ID10T
09 - Hello Mellow - Eat Sleep Sit Repeat
10 - Kompozart - Healing Battles
11 - Tea Tree - Spatial Awareness
The fourth volume does a fair job of matching its three very worthy predecessors. The styles vary from pure lounge to dreamy down tempo to ultra-glitchy bass music and while some of these tracks get a bit toward the higher end of the BPM scale where down tempo is concerned the main goal of the compilation is to mellow things the fuck out.
The essential listen on this one goes to Sigil's "Utopia" where every beat, every effect, every melody seems perfectly placed and balanced and if it becomes a bit repetitive, who cares when the sounds are this damn good?
The honorable mentions go to the ambitious and nearly-epic "Far Mozaic Remix" of Electrypnose's "Some Hope Left," the delightful dub positivity of Tea Tree's "Spatial Awareness," Xeno's luminous "Elevenwoods" and Hello Mellow's instructional and wonderfully fulfilling "Eat Sleep Sit Repeat."
Very honorable mention goes to False Identity who on "The Reformation Of Disparity" deliver another great production - making it one quality track on each of the volume's of this very good, glitchy, wompy, relaxing and sophisticated series.

Thanks for your review, brother! I'm at a desk for 8-10 hours a day and I have time to listen to a LOT of music. Unless aliens abduct every psychedelic producer on the planet tomorrow there will probably be a bunch left to hear before I get tired of writing about them. Anyway, I hope my opinions are valid and that I can help in discovering some great music that truly pleases you.