Dj IronSun - The Ascension Of Helios [A Decade Of Suntrip Trance]

IronSun

Dear Psynews'ers,

https://soundcloud.com/ironsun/the-ascension-of-helios-a-decade-of-suntrip-trance

Take a cosmic ride amongst the stars as we delve into the backcatalogue of thé melodic Goa Trance label in the world: Suntrip Records! I have recorded this set especially for the celebration of their ten years of existence, both as a birthday present and as a thanks for all the wonderful music their artists have created and they themselves have released.

This journey starts off with floating harmonic goa trance and steadily transforms into an absolute supernova of acid and melody.

Tracklist:

RA - Road To Shiraz (Intro)
Uth - Cosmic Fusion
Nebula Meltdown - A Higher Pathway
Cymatics - Celestial Sunrise
Antares - Astral Plane
Khetzal - Indian Attic (E-Mantra’s Tellurian Remix)
Dimension 5 - Zarkon
Cosmic Dimension - Time Beyond The Universe
Celestial Intelligence - The Coming Storm
Mindsphere- To Infinity
Innerspace - Innerspace
Filteria - Birds Lingva Franca (2013 Edit)

Comments, tips, criticism are more than welcome!

Enjoy the ride!

• 4 months later...

Hey buddy,

sorry for not responding sooner, but I was a bit away from the forum for while. And now I saw this mix of yours.

Suntrip, IronSun, ... it immediately drew my attention. :)

What I love about your mix is that there are tracks inside that I would never have remembered until now.

You place them in the mix at the right spots so that they complement each other really nice.

Eg. Nebula Meltdown, Cymatics.

The mix starts off floating with the warmest tracks. Astral Plane, really nice. Perhaps the transition between Cymatics and Antares isn't the best harmonically, but it's smooth and makes the key change disappear.

The next transition to Indian Attic is perfectly in key and almost unhearable. Sweetness. This remix is so good.

When you hit Cosmic Dimension, things start to speed up and become heavier. I like how the energy is building up here.

Holding on harmonically, Celestial Intelligence takes it higher with a great track.

With Mindsphere you have paved the way for the finale as we make a significant switch here. all the energy is now in this track.

The mix ends in goa mayhem with Innerspace and Filteria. Nicely blended together.

Very sweet mix session here, IronSun! Of course, you touched my nerve with the Suntrip catalog. ;)

Although I missed an Artifact303 track somewhere in there, you can feel the love for Goa and your skills add up to the whole experience.

Great mix and keep it up!

ps: I still want to make a second Space Waves of mine, but with two kids at home it's hard to find the time. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, thanks for the kind words! This is officially the longest review I have ever received from a mixtape :D

I agree on the missing artifact track! But I was mixing harmonically, and didn't find a suitable track in the keys I was mixing in from him... He needs to be in there though....

Thanks again!