Please give me suggestions to improve

Fatica_Labs

Thanks for the reply. Yes I know it is dull and absolutely weak. I really can't manage how to make sound wide, I know is a mixing/mastering stuff, but I can't find anything to really improve myself, any suggestion on book / tutorials would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, regarding mixing: I hear a lot of clipping on this track and it sounds highly compressed. You probably used a limiter on your master bus (if so get rid of that), and/or you've got to balance the volume between your tracks a bit better. Having a better balance and enough headroom will improve your mix soundwise, making it also easier also to adjust in EQ'ing, using effects and/or dynamics like compressors, and so on... it makes your track 'breath' more, making the listening experience more nicer.

@Happymushroom yes, I have a Reson mastering suite at the end of the chain with Compressonr and Maximizer, but I'm not able to extract something nice from it.

Then the solution is very simple: remove them! :) It looks like you're fairly new to mixing, and understanding mastering is a different topic than mixing. If you have plugins on your master bus from the start, your reference about the balance in your track is mismatched from the start as well. This is a thing most beginning producers do wrong - don't be afraid that you're track won't sound as pumping and loud as others, this is a thing you will understand as you progress in making music.

Can you upload a mix without the compressor and maximizer?

It's 'Djuna' by the way. :P Grts!

Thank you Djuna, sorry for mistake. Well I will upload a new one, a brand new one, since I'm getting tired on that one, bad arrangement too I think, a little too messy.

In that case I will try to remove the mastering suite, but things ( special some nasty effect ;) ) tend to 'clip' very easily. By the way, they clip just by a 'red sign' point of view: I can't hear any distortion.

No problem! By dealing with sound and music everyday you can surely train your ears more! If you tend to clip easily, try to lower the volume of the base of your track: the kick and bass. And change the rest accordingly. Creating a mix that doesn't clip is one of the key elements of mixing in my opinion, plus it's less work for the mastering engineer later on who is trying to fix these faults. :) It can be that you sometimes can't hear it that well when just one thing is clipping, but if you add up all the rest it's going to sound pretty messy soon.

I think the arrangement was pretty good by the way, but I'll listen to your new mix when it's online.

Hear ya later!