Neo Full-On (not from matrix)

Guest cubensis

Bah, this hux flux is not neo full on. Neo full on is the stuff from GMS and friends, 3d vision artists (absolum, nomad, etc), full color, many israelis, etc, etc, etc.

It is clone music.

Have a try at the NEO (New Electronic Oscillations) compilation by Transient. They labelled it 'neo-full-on' so you might see what is all about... but I haven't listened to it yet...

He asked about what the difference is between Neo-Full-On and Full-On ...

I have always thought it was the same, just a new word for the full-on sound ... Full power, multi layered music :)

Guest Seboone

Just a new commercial name, but nothing new here : it's just another name for "melodic full-on". And nothing "neo", this "trend" exists since 3 years now ..... ahahah clever labels !

Laughing my ass off here... what a silly name.... DontFull on label people and DJ's have better things to do than making up more stupid names to the same music?

Looks like they are trying to make the awful truth go away by labeling bands music that's nothing but clones after clones of something that used to be new but now's juts plain boring and sterotype.

"music is music"

yes, but Neo Full-On is the hypest music around!! Oh baby, I'm gonna fill my hair with gel, put on my fashionable clothes on and go out for a Neo Full-on party right now!! Only the trendiest people in town will be let in the venue, so if you don't die you hair blond and wear flashy sun-glasses, don't even THINK of going there!!! There's a VIP entrance too, but that's only if you are seen driving up in the hypest Lamborghini Galiardo, otherwise you'll be smaked in the face by the big fat doormen after taking all you money for the entrance. Be warned!!

SMI²LE

hehe I know EP :)

But its a mather of taste isnt it ?? And I agree the "Neo Full-On" term is stupid, but its just another name ... Who came up with it anyway ?

I got this mail from Turbo Trance Records today [Psypilot debut album];

"Today, Turbo Trance records is turning a page, and confirm that they are precursors and leader in a new style: “Neo Full On Trance”. After releasing Mumbo Jumbo and Triptych albums who are the most characteristic artists in this style, this label is discovering a new act made in Switzerland: Psypilot. Psypilot is the last artist to join Turbo Trance records. The arrival of this new artist means also an important curve in the label evolution with the coming of a new label manager, the development of our artist’s careers, some new representing Djs on each continent (Japan, Brazil, Australia, Israel, North Europe…), the creation of Turbo Trance Wear, our new clothe trademark and many other things which show to the world Trance scene the quality of the new “face” of Turbo Trance records."

I dont really see the point of labeling it Neo, but its their choice I guess ;)

Guest --==1400MiLeS==--

Reminds me of the term NU-metal...which basically means avoid...

Such names give evidence that evolution in music is overrated. Black Sabbath laugh at the pathetic efforts of Linkin Park and old skool goa artists prolly don't think neo full on is all that.

this is party music! nothing deep, mystical and hypnotic.

pure crap!! u talk about "psychedelic".. perhaps u misstook it for psychotic?

IMO real goa-trance is much more multi layer (and not least intelligent!! no damn lfo's and short melody loops) than full-on has ever been!