crappy release

Psymijis : the big problem is that there ABSOLUTLY NO MAGIC in minimal music, there's only a drum with a bassline...How can you fly with that ? Try one listen to LONE DERANGER album by Hallucinogen and try to fly then with crappy BITMONX or other shits

It's a very kiddy music

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Psymijis

to jsb : man i listen to hallucinogen , shpongle , infected M, sun project , i listen progressive djs , etc etc and i listen a lot of minimal too and believe me there is a lot of magic , the problem is : you need to listen it well because there is a "hidden" sound between drum and bassline that hypnotize you (maybe you need weed to hear it , but you can learn to hear it without it , if you listen it well).

The secret : listen and concentrate

"They can call it trance, i call it magic"

I have to agree that 97 was the worst year, i was into psytrance from 95-97, then i got turned away for a year or so, and then 1998-99 the new x-Dream "Radio" sound turned me back on to it, and from there i went into the minimal side of things. and I think 2001was a great year, so many good LP's from DS and Iboga and spiral Tax, but also the germans were very good.

anyway, i think its a good thing so many new labels come up, it brings innovation. Just look at how shitty Iboga sounded when they came out, and look at them now, one of the very best labels in the scene.

I think it will pretty much regulate itself, if labels keep releasing @!#$, they'll go down, if people like it, they won't. The law of economics.

My opinion, the people will decide which label stays and which one doesnt, so there is need to argue about this. Just. as a listener, listen to everything you buy and you will find what you like. at least i do, i buy many records a month, and Ihardly ever buy complete @!#$ ( except that talamasca CD, where i blindly trusted spiral Trax, which is supposed to be one of the best labels, but even they can go wrong, veeeeeerryyyyyyy wrong)

Guest --==MiLeS==--

Nice paradox that Goa/Psy is being absorbed by the techno scene whereas the borism of that same mechanical and static techno scene was my prime reason to embrace Goa with its colorful, weird and twisted sounds back then.

If you want the old 604 characteristics look no further than the psyambient scene which still uses those colorful sounds, psychedelic weirdness and spirituality, albeit a tad slower. The UK ambient scene (as opposing force to the multimillion ibiza chillout business) is coming up pretty strong with collaborations between old psymasters, absolute ambient cracks and young talents...

Besides, for months the psyshop top 10 best sellers is dominated by full-on psytrance and not techtrance or minimal. So the techtrance landslide is probably not as massive as believed...

Current top 3 Psyshop:

1. Talamasca - Musica Divornum

2. VA - Lightbeams

3. VA - Mystery 13 skulls (has been topping the charts for weeks)

Guest lifeform

I understand the magic of minimal... but i understand the magic of old psytrance as well... It is was ALOTTTT more magical back then, if you ask me.

Guest Psymijis

ok the point is that some people here likes the old stuff and the others likes the new minimal stuff ,the problem here is that "old stuff" bands like etnica and x dream , are releasing pure crap lately , etnica - nitrox really dissapointed me and radio is a bad atempt to minimal trance.

What we have to do is open our minds to enjoy psytrance this days.

Anyway i lke them both minimal and "old stuff" .

"They can call it trance, i call it magic"

YOU GUYS COMPLAINING ARE SHOWING YOUR STUPIDITY and IMMATURITY - U GEEKS! Why can't u PLEASE just fuk off and complain somewhere else

Have a look at the 'psyshop charts' ----what minmal???

Jesus - u DICKHEADS saying listen to The Lone Deranger - - - I think we all have heard it - I think it came out back in 97, by the way we have also heard Infected Mushroom and Sun Project

JSB plz keep listening to INFECTED MUSHROOM and HALLUCINOGEN - u r right there is nothing better ever going to be released, and maybe suicide is a good option bcoz there is nothing to look forward too.

"It's very kiddy music" - u must be about 10 years old - such a level of stupidity and immaturity, try to expand your mind...and if u cant just keep your dumb-fuking thoughts to your self - dumb-ass

Listen to people with some sense like 'Psymijis' & 'aje' - almost all the rest of u r real wooftahs - i doubt u guys have a fuking brain in your head.

and by the way 'Psymijis' - i dont agree with everything u said ----(X-Dream - Radio, "a bad atempt to minimal trance"?????) - in fact i take it back i dont agree with you at all --------------------

Guest Psymijis

MK : I dont care if you agree or not with me , this is not a popularity contest , this is a board to discuss about music , and every one has a diferent point of view .

You dont have to show inmaturity by insulting other posters because you know more about music than jsb. Why he should get the @!#$ off ?? Because you dont agree with him?

For me x dream - radio is a lame attempt to minimal and they should have continued with their "old stuff " music. Maybe i am wrong but thats my opinion .

About etnica , nitrox really sucks.

it's got nothing to do with popularity - i dont give a crap about it. I just get angry when stupid remarks are made.

I know everyone has a different point of view, but to say that a whole genre of music is crap or kiddy music is immature and nonsensical.

Dont say that X-Dream - Radio is a lame attempt at minimal - bcoz there was no "minimal trance" (as we today know it) b4 Radio - so it really doesnt make much sense.

I realise that this is a forum to discuss music, but this post was so negative to begin with, and nothing but negativity arose from it.

There is plenty of music for everyone -= so cheer up or piss off!

Guest Elysium Project

MK I agree with on some points you but please don't tell people to piss off.... This way you are going right down to the level of some of the people you are critisising! I thought that you were more mature than this!

Guest spiralix

If everyone pisses off and is told to be stupid and stuff, there willbe no discussion! what world would it be if everyone sat and had exactly the same opinion on everything! i dont see an evelution in that!

My oppinion still is! Load the cds with highqulitymusic and i will buy it!

Damn and i love the psysex cd! and the koxbox cd!:) and, hmm, im a bit disapointed at the doof thing on crystal skulls! that song sucks!!

anyway!

Hope the discussion keeps going on!

I never did tell anyone to piss off bcoz they do not agree with me - i said "PLEASE just fuk off and complain somewhere else" - i think there is a big difference!

I realise that my post was as negative as the 1st, but I just don't get why people are so irrational that they think there has not been any worthy music released after '97!? If this is the case then maybe trance is not the right music for you - I know some people that feel the same way as you jsb, but they do not prance around insulting people who enjoy a different genre. Try some "Deep-House", maybe u will find more interest there.

I dont agree with many things said on this forum - thats what it's all about. I do however enjoy this avenue of discussion when it is not heavily fuelled by negative vibes. This could've been the same post retitled "The Good Ol' Times" - but instead it was named "Crappy Release" -----

My post, in context to this discussion, was fair and poignant.

there has been so much good music since 1997, i dont listen to any old music anymore, i still do have all of the old stuff, but the only time i listen to them is in beer induced nostalgia sessions.

Otherwise i think new music is superior, at least its more interesting in the moment. Maybe in 30 years looking back my view will change, but right now im all for the new stuff.

Guest vasyachkin

i really REALLY dig The Delta - Schizoeffective, the seond CD is not as good.

but schizoeffective is a monumental work :))) imho as good as hallucinogen, or pleiadians which i also love.

Guest the oldest goahead

i was born in 1942 and i know more bout music than anyone of u dicks so u can kiss my ass.

I invented the goa spirit @!#$ and all of u r ust a bunch of "wannabees?"

any one attempting to create music with fruity loops is the dumbest aszhole on the earth including u bambooforest cuz its not about skills and experience and feeling but the damn brand of hardware.

and im not whiling to accept that im really alone in my head and any one would never understand me. cuz everybody have to think like me otherwise they become a bunch of druggies"?"

druggies...hahaha....dicks, u think ur mind act different when on psychedelics, hahaha....all that scientific facts are bullshit cuz i also know more than scnientists.

never be autentic

never be openminded

and never get to learn and be wise with the time.

this is the fashionism era.

all i can say is this:

if you listen to minimal and all you hear is a pounding kick and base line one of the following is the case:

1. your stereo sucks

2. the volume is too low

3. youre mostly deaf.

there is so much stuff going on in minimal. the word "minimal" i think is not a very good word to use. minimal is far more complicated to make. its a lot harder to make a few different tracks in a song evolve and change and grow than it is to have 4 or 6 appregiated synth lines farting out notes all over the place, covering up the fact that there really isnt much goning on in the song musicaly or creatively.

go ahead hide behind your "coplex" synth lines. listen to astral.

im gonna go listen to the magik that the likes of son kite and absolum are weaving.

Guest neuroloog

minimal, full on,melodic,psy,dark progressive??? Whatever..... just listen what you like and stop wining! There's plenty of good stuff coming out from all the different PSYCHEDELIC TRANCE styles. Yes capslock on because people seem to forget what it's all about: All these subgenres have one thing in common: It's all music to reach a certain state of mind what we'd like to call TRANCE.

Stupid discussion!

"if you listen to minimal and all you hear is a pounding kick and base line one of the following is the case:

1. your stereo sucks

2. the volume is too low

3. youre mostly deaf."

I think there's a very easy way to settle the question : what's in a "minimal" track, I mean objectively ? When you hear some Hallucinogen tunes, you clearly hear there are lots of different sonic layers. With minimal stuff, if I understand you well, it's more subtle : where some people only hear ONE kickdrum and ONE bassline, others can hear something else.

The question is : did the artist indeed put much more sounds than those you can catch with your average HiFi system ? Or is it only in the subconscious of some happy few ?

J.

Ouroboros: I mostly agree, but have to mention that there ARE minimal tracks with just poor quality kick/bass and nothing else going on... and, unfortunately, about half of all non-melodic stuff being released nowadays is like that, IMO.. I also agree that good non-melodic trance is really hard to make.. those who think that you only need a powerful kick/bass and some cheap noises to make a good minimal track are behind all that crap.. BUT, strangely, some people enjoy exactly that! The crowd (at least in my country) eats that raw "meat", and asks for more..

Guest Psymijis

goahead : you sound like a pre - vietnam acid hippy , listening planet b.e.n trippy future garden all fucking day remembering the old days at goa beach.