crappy release

Psymijis : Nice, here's a good exemple : Trippy Future Garden. That was the good years...Now planet ben suck hard with his new release, like all new artists $$$$$, they want to make money instead doing nice music like in the past. You dig the whole thing ?

jsb

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still in love with the way psytrance sounded back in the old days of 96-97, but then the whole scene was different, the atmosphere was different. I'm sorry, I'm not gonna start whining about minimal psy, I've got nothing much against the new music, I've got something against the attitude of some of the people that turn up at parties these days. Those serious looking guys that look like bodybuilders, that stomp monotonously on the same spot waving their fists in the air, chewing frantically type of people. Okay I'm not gonna disrespect people for the way they dance, it's just that a certain kind of attitude, a certain kind of drug, a certain kind of personal economy and a certain kind of music seem to go together with these people. Just as it does with us "Om shanti shanti" people. They have all the best sound systems, all the right clothes, all the albums, and no "plur-spirit". I don't understand - how can you be so close and miss the point? It's really not about who's got the biggest music collection or the most powerful music equipment, whatever you may think. Many years of my life I've been without a home, carrying most of my belongings in a rucksack, having only a small portable cd and just one or two records and some tapes. We could make people dance with a couple of drums, some maracas and a guitar.

Here where I live, some old school people don't turn up at the big parties anymore, I found none of my old party friends when IM was playing here not long ago. Anyway, we're all still here, we can make the parties the way we want them...

Guest Psymijis

trippy future garden is a good cd , but i think silver is much better .

Silver is a good example of the psy evolution , planet b.e.n is one of those bands that knows how to sound always fresh.

Guest vasyachkin

it is you who is missing the point Maia imho. and the point is that the point is different for everybody. i am not missing THE point, its just YOUR point. you are so confident that you found THE meaning of it all, but there is no meaning its just what you make of it.

how open minded are you really if you only understand and identify with hippies and junkies you chill with, and don't understand the rest, 99% of people ?

you are seriously mistaken if you think that bodybuilders are all dumb by the way

Hmm...I think you're a bit right Vasyachkin. Seriously, I knew that this post maybe wasn't as openminded, and that I was stereotyping people a bit. I'm sorry for that. These are just some of the things that's been going through my head.

But it's not true that I only "understand and identify with hippies and junkies you chill with", there are a lot of people everywhere that I understand and identify with. And I've never said that bodybuilders are dumb, those are your words, not mine. I would never think they're dumb, I would just say that these particular people looked a bit aggressive.