Trance2MoveU

yQ7iodv.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: Evolving Freedom

Label: Enig'Matik Records

Date: January, 2013

01 - Sensient - Mitford Stories (120 BPM)
02 - Itsu - Drizzle (95 BPM)
03 - Mindbuffer - The Grid (125 BPM)
04 - Quanta - Recept (144 BPM)
05 - RHCP - Walkabout (Kalya Scintilla Remix) (90 BPM)
06 - Organikismness - Life Beyond You (85 BPM)
07 - Sun In Aquarius - Wytaliba The Girl By The River (90 BPM)
08 - Zunzagi - Glitched Night (130 BPM)
"13.7 billion years ago...from nothing...came everything."
Part of me really wants to go to Australia. But a bigger part of me is scared sh*tless. Do you know how many things can kill you there? Snakes, spiders, scorpions, ants, sharks, hormonal koalas...I mean what the f*ck? No wonder that's where Britain sent all of its criminals. This Australian label has assembled a hodge podge of chill music for our enjoyment.
Mitford Stories- A slow, earthy opener complete with nature sounds and warm pads. But it just feels like jumbled noise lacking direction.
Drizzle- Glitchy and atmospheric Itsu delivers a breakbeat track that has motion. Melancholic guitars wail as effects twinkle. Short, but satisfying.
The Grid- This sounds like music from a video game menu. Part militaristic, part Jason Bourne. Then the dubstep arrives, but it's well done. Percussion enthusiasts will wet their pants over this one. Slow and nasty.
Recept- Deep, juicy bass sounds combine with a dubby beat for some good old fashioned head nodding. This makes me want to spark up on the beach as I watch the waves crash. Thank you.
Walkabout- Channeling the Red Hot Chilli Peppers this is a funky live band jam session. Funny and cheesy at the same time, but definitely smile inducing. And no Aussie production would be complete without a didgeridoo.
Life Beyond You- Drum n Bass tripped down to...well, the drum and bass. Some futuristic sounding pads and echoing effects make this interesting, but sometimes boring. Mainly boring.
Wytaliba- This has a bubbling reminiscent of what the inside of your stomach might sound like after a late night taco bell binge. A little too...what's the word...sh*t your pantsy for me. When the sample comes in and says, "And down it goes!" that was pretty much it for me.
Glitched Night- The final track is all about the piano melody. For me anyway. Not really relaxing though. The sounds backing the piano came across as white noise.
I'm glad I listened to this. It's a pretty average compilation with a couple of stand outs, but there are several styles of chill music represented. Should be something here most people can enjoy.
Mdk