Zebbler Encanti Experience - Psychic Projections

Trance2MoveU

KfphASA.jpg

Artist: Zebbler Encanti Experience

Title: Psychic Projections

Label: Gravitas Recordings

Date: December, 2012

01 - Psychic Projections (feat. Dante Bucci) (140 BPM)
02 - Quetzalcoatl (101 BPM)
03 - Totem (140 BPM)
04 - Temple (feat. Jason Hann) (140 BPM)
05 - Data Mind (110 BPM)
06 - Prophetic Interlude (feat. Hannah Thiem) (140 BPM)
07 - Exploding Glowstick (110 BPM)
08 - Quetzalcoatl (Willy Whompa Remix) (150 BPM)
09 - ZEEDM (145 BPM)
10 - Quetzalcoatl (Woulg Remix) (137 BPM)
11 - Profit (140 BPM)
12 - Profit (Ishe Remix) (140 BPM)
Don't let this slip by you without giving it a listen. Zebbler is a Boston based duo with their debut album and their style is slow and juicy. Well, sometimes. Taking elements of dub and glitch and marrying them with tribal like melodies in an unholy union of interesting stuff. Keeping the tracks brief is smart and doesn't let you get bored with what they're doing. Some of this sh*t is as funky as a Radioactive Sandwich.
See what I did there?
It can move at a snail's pace or it can be rapid fire, oftentimes in the same track. Quetzalcoatl sets you up with with some funky downtempo before it erupts in a gigantic crunchy electronic orgy.
And then there's the dubstep.
Oh the dubstep.
And there is a lot of it. Dubstep has been called many things, but I describe it like putting a robot penis through a pencil sharpener. Because I don't listen to it regularly I don't mind the dubstep. I find it fairly fresh and unpredictable. But let's be honest...tracks like the Willy Whompa remix are a heading waiting to happen. Just know if you hat dubstep this release won't be for you.
There is still way more to enjoy as it is a great mix of melancholic melodies as well as polar opposites in sonic texture. It comes off sounding rich and lush when they bend sounds to their will. The Woulg remix is like when the terminators legs break off and he has to move in slow and sometimes fast motion.
Terminator 2 reference. Score.
The harsh and abrasive sounds in Exploding Glowstick hide the gentle ambient like someone getting screamed over. And that's where I think they excel when they combine genres. A whole album of electronic gang rape is exhausting and painful. That's not for me.
That's for India.
Mdk