09 - Aalto

10 - Korton

11 - Dögge

12 - Bb-Dub

13 - Psyko-Paatti

14 - Snapper Tuna

15 - Aa:n Kahvila

16 - Space Humppa

Although definitely interesting, slightly entertaining, and unique, the clattered clinking and scratching of Twå has a lot of room for improvement. This glitchy full-length album contains a series of seemingly random tracks that go all across the borders with drum n bass, ambient, glitch-hop, IDM, breakbeat, and lo-fi techniques. Experimenting with different styles, Astrochnautzer takes us through some glitchafied, drum-stepping, bit crushed projects. There are a few really sweet tracks on here, but at the same time there are some that should have simply been left out.

Focusing on the classics with a boost of his own originality, the artist brings some chilled and mellow personalities with an added spray of freshness and downright quirkiness. The balance between the two, however, is unenjoyable at times. There needs to be more structure and organization to the “uniqueness” captured in each track. Snapper Tuna, for example, leaves a well balanced, smoothly progressive, and satisfying taste in my mouth. Worm Song is one of the tracks that does the opposite, based around a series of unfitting sounds that can prompt headaches.

To the artist, I would strongly recommend taking this album as a great learning experience. It seems to be highly experimental, dabbling inside never-personally-done-before ideas. It is always good to try out new things so you can improve and expand your style. In fact, I urge people to reach out for new innovations. In this case, I suggest walking away from most tracks in this album, honing in to the better compositions. Snapper Tuna, Plan C, and Korton. Stay away from too many voice samples, bit crushed wobbles, and unfitting synth zaps and drum smashes. Everything needs to be done in moderation, as I like to say. Keep your chill like attitude and progress your tracks to have more meaningful climaxes, leaving the listener craving for that certain sappy synth. Spend more time crafting your sounds and it will be very rewarding. Think of it like this: Every sound is a puzzle piece. Put each sound together to form the perfect picture. If you put together pieces that don’t fit, the picture won’t make much sense. Keep up your hard work and good luck with your glitch experiments!

6/10

(MP3, FLAC, WAV)

- Review by FatKidWitaJetPak (Nick Sumbles)

- Special Thank to Ektoplazm for the download bandwidth.

• 1 month later...