Thinking about going to Goa

Goa Travellers

Monkeys are very aggressive and they steal things. They are everywhere, even in the Himalayas.

I only heard "be careful of monkeys"

Traveling in India costs nothing, especially to you since you are Australian and have a strong currency like us Eurozoners. I'll definetly visit it again. JUST DO IT

The only place I'd go to again is Hampi ... , There are so many places to go that you'll need a few years just to visit the best. Now that I'm a bit familiar with backpacking and India, I reckon I'll do just the North (Rajastan, Punjab, Delhi) and then head for the Himalayas and Nepal.

BTW I've been to Brisbane 4 times, I have family at the West End

I thought they may be aggressive and also probably dangerous... I will probably end up on the news as the guy who was deformed by monkeys one day :/ heh..

Haha nice one, west end is cool as far as Brisbane goes :) we are in London for next two years or so and around Europe. After that back home to save and then hopefully India :) doesn't seem all that much cheaper to go to India from London than from Aus.. At least not as cheap as I would have thought.

aaaah I have so many wonderful stories from India I could write a whole book with the weirdness that occurred to me... but now one came to my mind..

As soon as I rented a scooter I went to the huge beach at Baga/Calangute so I though I'd have a swim. Bare in mind that I live 5 minutes from the sea and I'm a good swimmer with proper technique. So I went into the sea and swam away from the shore as I'm confident in my abilities... At some point I turn around and I see that the whole beach was fucking yelling at me for being so far out and the life guards came with a boat and told me to swim back to shore.... I was "WTF???" so I swam back to shore and the lifeguards were telling me that since most Indians don't know how to swim they are over cautius and don't allow people to swim far out. I told them I know how to swim and that I live by the sea, so of 1 them says "Ok, that's fine, interested in some Cocaine?", I declined.

The ocean is quite scary though... I have to admit that... and the sea at Goa is very dark and muddy. The next day I was swimming on acid below "9bar Vagator" before a party and totally shit myself when I realised how far away from the beach I had been taken by the current, I fucken swam back like a seal chased by a killer whale.

The party was nice, got to hang around with the infamous Byron, a British jeweler who lives in Goa who I have encountered at 4 different parts of the world:

Samothraki Festival 2002

Rajastan 2006 at Moodust festival

Goa 2006 at 9 bar

Aurora festival 2009 North Greece

I reckon I'll meet him again if he's alive