7. Norwegian Wood
E-CLICK

8. Universal Language
MORTEN GRANAU AND VICE

9. Protector (Avax rmx)
VERTEX AND FLOAT

10. Destiny
PROMID

"Just think what you're thinking, feel what you're feeling, experience whatever you're experiencing."

TesseracT Studios has long been known to deliver the melodic and effect laden progressive trance that will have you floating amidst the clouds. Awesome stuff. So here they are with the second installment of their Binaural Beats series and just like its predecessor it's a slight departure from the comfort zone. It's still progressive trance yet it has a bit of a house swag and even some dubby elements. Some names you will know if you follow this genre like the Riddler, Vertex, Float...Vertex & Float. Then of course there will be some equally capable yet lesser known projects.

The cover is exactly the same as the first one just a different color. Some might call that lazy, but not me. I'm a guy that has let dryed laundry sit in the basket for a week. What's the point of putting it away you're just going to pull it out and wear it.

Wrinkles?

Get an iron you lazy f*ck.

Sundance- That house vibe / dub bass is evident from the first track as Float delivers a smooth and soft number. If you've read my reviews you know that house music and I don't get along, but this is so calming and relaxing that's appreciated after a hectic day.

Ray of Joy- Pion's track is a little on the minimal side for me, yet still enjoyable with it's bob your head gait. The melody at the end hangs in the air like Febreeze and makes me smile.

Ace- Goran has obviously been bitten by the progressive bug and he's damn good at it. More warm kicks and dreamy synths with those eerie melodies he loves to bring. It's like a funhouse up in here, but I'm so high that I don't see the clown with the knife.

GfgNOQ1.jpg

Like You- It begins like any other generic track, but the melody warbles out of nowhere. But before you get your hopes up, the "No one like you" sample pushes the needle on the get the f*ck outta here sample.

Switch Blade-

Q6cltiU.jpg

Time Distortion-

1UkTovx.jpg

Norwegian Wood-

ex2M8IH.gif

This should be nominated for the most generic track...of all time. Whew. I would love to visit Norway, but this isn't helping. The Beatles must be turning over in their grave. What? Two of them are still alive? Are you sure? I think you're thinking of the Monkees...

Universal Language- "There's no right way to do this. There's no wrong way to do this."

Beg to differ sir or... did you just ignore the three turds in a row that just preceded this track? Hard to recover from that. But this track will make you forget about all that turdosity. The tension grows and the vocal manipulation is a little Agent Smith uncomfortable if you know what I mean. Melt into that break as it coalesces around you. Nice ain't it? Like jumping into a swimming pool of jello.

mGe5BGY.jpg

Now with more baby.

Protector- Meh. Not terrible, but if you put this track with the other 3 consecutive snoozeballs you might've had a record of mediocrity that could very well have ripped open the time space continuum eradicating life as we know it. So, for at least track placement you're a hero.

Destiny- Very mellow complete with sitar melody. The foreign language sample ups the cliche factor a bit, but...you finish that sentence.

This is an average compilation. Maybe. If you are in the mood to wind down, but aren't ready for the downtempo stuff this could fill the need. Unfortunately there is more than the fair share of filler to be found here. But the tracks that are good are really good. Perfect example of download what you need. I imagine this one won't go on the resume.

Beatspace

Psyshop

Mdk