Title: Cellar Door Remixes

Label: NeoGoa

Date: February, 2013

1. Cellar Door (Sunbeam Genesis Remix)

2. Cellar Door (Whirlin Merlin Remix)

3. Cellar Door (Imba Remix)

4. Cellar Door II

"Do you know anything about time travel?"

Um no, but I do know that people love the idea of remixes. Sure they may not all be improvements or even sound different than the original (my personal pet peeve), but the possibility of endless possibilities is very alluring. Who is going to take a great track and do something totally different and make people sit up and take notice? Take it in a unique direction that gets the posthumous thumbs up from senor Ebert. Cellar Door by PharaOm certainly appealed to a lot of people when it first appeared on the Dimensional Gateway compilation. Since then there has been the Nova Fractal Mix, the Nova Fractal Sun thingy mix, and I think Britney and Gaga did one also. So a lot of noise about a track has led Neogoa to invite artists to submit their remixes in hopes of appearing on this EP. There will be no money involved, but on their deathbed they will receive total consciousness. So they got that going for them.

I'm glad they kept this to only a 4 track EP because by the time I got through it sufficiently I was pretty burned out on this track. The first one was a progressive track in the Iono mold with effects adding to its already outer space feel. Second was a little harder with feet in both the psytrance and progressive camps that was also quite good. Imba once again proves that you either go big or go home with an 11 and a half minute goa stormer that seemed to never end. And I mean that it a good way. Finally Cellar Door II sounded so similar to the original that it had me wishing for a downtempo version to keep things interesting.

So the answer to my question in the opening paragraph was nobody.

No remix here was totally unique. All in all some good versions, but when you offer the same track multiple times it tends to have a limited shelf life. Still, they all sound great (good job Stryder) and Neogoa continues to deliver treats for our ears at the deliciously low amount of zero. Not to mention the jaw droppingly good artwork by Ivan.

Free!!!!!

Mdk