2. Genetic Guitars

3. Zentimental

4. Satanic Pleasures

5. I've Got No Philosophy

6. Stages Of Depth

7. Storytelling Frequencies

8. Connecting The Source

9. Surrounding Stillness

SeaMoon is Simon Neumann, a German artist who released A Twisted Downbeat Adventure EP in 2010 through Ektoplazm. He has also released a few tracks on compilations, and the DMTones EP in January 2012.

Expression Of The Moment basically builds on and develops the twisted, trippy, downbeat, sometimes glitchy, sometimes murky, slow funk style of his debut EP. This album as a whole seems more cohesive, sophisticated, and polished than that EP.

I liked almost every track. Genetic Guitars (the only track to appear previously) is a little bit of an outlier style-wise, but still solid. I've Got No Philosophy is a serpentine groove. Storytelling Frequencies and Connecting The Source both increase the tempo and energy level as the album heads for the finish. Unfortunately, the final track Surrounding Stillness is a little disappointing. It's not bad, but it just sounds so generic compared to the other unique SeaMoon tracks.

Overall, despite my one reservation, this is a very good album: 9 / 10.

Available for preview or purchase at Bandcamp:

(http://beatspace-awakening.bandcamp.com/album/seamoon-expression-of-the-moment-awakening-records)

• 4 months later...

Great release, it really deserves some more attention! Especially for those who like the "GoAmbient" sound (2nd half of the album), only few albums really catering that crowd including E-Mantra's downtempo albums.